Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

This thread has gotten ugly for like the 10th time

I wouldn’t call it ugly. I think  it’s a fair conversation to be had. People that work hard and are courteous enough to share good info should be celebrated. At the same time, people who claim to have sources and post ominously should be questioned when they are wrong. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

Just curious, what have YOU contributed to this board? All I see you is you trolling & trashing people. 

What have you actually contributed to this board outside of acting like this? 

I wasn't trashing anyone.  The only even remotely negative thing I said was pointing out that iamhack was telling people not to question the guys that insinuated a move was coming... that didn't come.   Which seems like a normal reaction to have.

What have you contributed?  

Edited by GREEDY
  • Like 1

Thank you for the info on Rabbit. Like I said I do not know him. I am not bashing him. Everyone here respects  him and his opinion. I only know him from a couple of years back on twitter incorrectly scooping Encarnación to the Astros and then Thursday with the ominous stuff about Joc. I respect him though if he has proven himself to this board.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Is this the part where we start eating our own dead in camp for nourishment?

Apparently..... I looked this morning and came back after work to see like 10 pages of garbage. It’s none of the insiders fault Machado is still a free agent guys....step off the ledge and calm down just a tad

• Like 2

WSD and Rabbit have sources.  Whether they get complete info or post only what might be in the works with some limited info opens them up for unjust criticism.  Me personally, like many others have said, prefer to get those teasers to dream upon versus nothing at all.  I cast aside other new people that claim inside info until they prove they at least have access to someone important (both Rabbit ant WSD have at least interviewed Hahn...not something he offers to everyone) or break something.

Now Bucket @macsandz is a whole other ball game.  He does not “seek attention” nor make unbelievable claims.  He rarely posts and very well might be someone in the org/front office.  His posts are gold...and understandably vague at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Not a rant. Posters have the right to question. Dave scooped Tulo to the Yankees way before anyone else. That’s fact but I have asked numerous times what Rabbit has scooped because I want to believe and no one has ever been able to produce anything! 

My post and fathom's post was not in reference to what you said. It was regarding what another poster stated. 

I agree posters have a right to question. That's fine. But some people are just dickish about it.

In my opinion, questioning Dave's sources is kind of silly at this point given how many moves he's scooped over the years. Including moves not related to the White Sox, i.e. Tulo like you mentioned. I think he even had the Yonder Alonso scoop as well.  

Brian provides a lot of good solid information but he's is not willing to just come out and make blanket concrete statements. He does not want to blow his sources and damage strong relationships he's built over the years. The same goes for Dave as well. He is a lot less open about throwing out specifics than he was a few years ago. It does not benefit either to do so at this point. When they both are able, they will provide more specific information.

People should just enjoy the information. If it pans out, great for all of us. If it gets delayed, wait and see what happens. If it falls through, shit happens. People just need to settle down. Just my opinion......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roughneck said:

Can you explain yet your comments about wanting to get to Sox fest? Were they closing on a big trade or signing at the time? Because there were others hinting towards big news there.

The only piece of information that I withheld was the name of the person told my source the "some suprises" line. If I told you who the name is, you would have a good reason to have been very excited to hear it. But for obvious reasons I can't and won't say who it was. But that person was just as vague as I was. Obviously something fell through or changed or is being put on hold. This is typical when you are dealing with 30 different teams all trying to extract peak value on every trade and signing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

Just curious, what have YOU contributed to this board? All I see you is you trolling & trashing people. 

What have you actually contributed to this board outside of acting like this? 

This is the third time in about a week or so that he's spent ample time going out of his way to criticize Brian for providing information. Much of which is asked for by other posters. Some people whine just to whine. 

11 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I wasn't trashing anyone.  The only even remotely negative thing I said was pointing out that iamhack was telling people not to question the guys that insinuated a move was coming... that didn't come.   Which seems like a normal reaction to have.

What have you contributed?  

“I wasn’t trashing anyone.” Yet you continue to call Shack “IamHack”. 

Again, what have you contributed? Why do you think that you get to trash respected members of the board? 

You can ask me what I contribute but the point of me asking is because I haven’t seen you done anything except act like a turd for no apparent reason. 

Btw, people like you are why myself among others don’t post nearly as much. Trolls like you ruin the experience of what used to be an awesome board. 

Edited by SoCalSox
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

My post and fathom's post was not in reference to what you said. It was regarding what another poster stated. 

I agree posters have a right to question. That's fine. But some people are just dickish about it.

In my opinion, questioning Dave's sources is kind of silly at this point given how many moves he's scooped over the years. Including moves not related to the White Sox, i.e. Tulo like you mentioned. I think he even had the Yonder Alonso scoop as well.  

Brian provides a lot of good solid information but he's is not willing to just come out and make blanket concrete statements. He does not want to blow his sources and damage strong relationships he's built over the years. The same goes for Dave as well. He is a lot less open about throwing out specifics than he was a few years ago. It does not benefit either to do so at this point. When they both are able, they will provide more specific information.

People should just enjoy the information. If it pans out, great for all of us. If it gets delayed, wait and see what happens. If it falls through, shit happens. People just need to settle down. Just my opinion......

Thank you. This gives me a better scope of things. I have had an account for a few years. Never really posted until recently. I don’t know much about who’s info to take or throw out so this is helpful to me. Respect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The only piece of information that I withheld was the name of the person told my source the "some suprises" line. If I told you who the name is, you would have a good reason to have been very excited to hear it. But for obvious reasons I can't and won't say who it was. But that person was just as vague as I was. Obviously something fell through or changed or is being put on hold. This is typical when you are dealing with 30 different teams all trying to extract peak value on every trade and signing.

It was/is very cold in Chicago.  Wednesday will bring “life threatening” cold.  This is a reality of living through Chicago winters but not the welcome we want to provide...

8 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

“I wasn’t trashing anyone.” Yet you continue to call Shack “IamHack”. 

Again, what have you contributed? Why do you think that you get to trash respected members of the board? 

You can ask me what I contribute but the point of me asking is because I haven’t seen you done anything except act like a turd for no apparent reason. 

Btw, people like you are why myself among others don’t post nearly as much. Trolls like you ruin the experience of what used to be an awesome board. 

People like me?  Whoa. 

Page 353 of this thread is a good summary of recent developments here:

People jaded by “insiders”.

No offense to IowaPG, who has since become a solid contributor, but it shows the issue of new people joining as “insiders” and spewing fabricated information.  The beauty of page 353 is a real insider (Bucket) who barely posts decided to come on and debunk a myth by a wanna-be insider with a simple

“Lol 👌

For SoxTalk, that’s like Jordan’s fax in ‘95:

”I’m back”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Your response shows you are just trying to bait a fight.  I did nothing wrong.  You made a racist remark and called me a troll.  

LOL. 

You know how I can tell you’ve been got? You drew a “racist” remark out of something where I didn’t make one. You’re reaching & reaching hard. 

Thats weak but expected. Trolls love dishing it out but can’t handle it when it gets slammed back in their face. 

Stop trashing board members & calling people hacks & you won’t have problems. 

Edited by SoCalSox
  • Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres