Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/manny-machado-rumors-the-cases-for-and-against-the-five-best-landing-spots-for-machado/13v9s4wkwr6w51dq572expkjib

At least Sox made top 5.

Cardinals, now seemingly the Padres, Angels and Giants (If thru can deal Longoria) make just as much sense as Cubs and Mets.

I can't imagine how the could convince anyone to trade for Longoria.

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Either way, someone disparaging Soxtalk while posting on Soxtalk is the ultimate in hypocrisy.  I'm not about to standby for someone slandering the people on this page.

How the hell are you an admin? Your reading comprehension is astoundingly bad

4 hours ago, GREEDY said:

White Sox Internet Insider Tea Leaves:

WSD told raBBit that he has info on Machado but due to his new role as "fan liaison" he can't release it.  He insinuates that it is good news.

raBBIt tells iamhack that WSD knows the current Machado situation but can't release the info, but that it is good news.

Iamhack repeatedly tells SoxTalk that we are all idiots for questioning the week old eyeballs of the great WSD.  

LOL this is bullshit 

• Thanks 1

So this thread really is something. I don't have sources but I do hear a lot of shit daily because I talk to people. I'd never share any of it here with strangers because it's not my info to tell and I definitely wouldn't share it under the current state of this message board. This place used to be great. It's really, really bad now. 

Dave, Brian, Shack, and Aaron are all good dudes and they get legit info. People share what they can share. I think everyone needs to relax and let everything play out. Calling out guys because they don't share info on your terms though? That's weak. Be better. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So this thread really is something. I don't have sources but I do hear a lot of shit daily because I talk to people. I'd never share any of it here with strangers because it's not my info to tell and I definitely wouldn't share it under the current state of this message board. This place used to be great. It's really, really bad now. 

Dave, Brian, Shack, and Aaron are all good dudes and they get legit info. People share what they can share. I think everyone needs to relax and let everything play out. Calling out guys because they don't share info on your terms though? That's weak. Be better. 

So what can you share? We landing Manny? 😉

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I got all the other names, but who is Aaron? Am I just not remembering the username or is that the real name for someone here?

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Imagine the collective meltdown in this thread if the Sox don't get Machado...

If only the reactions could be like this for when that happens... 🖕Imagine if that would be possible. It’s why we have to use the laughing emoji to be snarky. 

In all seriousness though it depends on the dollar amount. If they didn’t offer him something and someone outbids is, fans should lose their shit. And ownership should be prepared for losing ticket sales they might have had with Machado in the fold.

11 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

My only complaint, and it's not even on this board, is Garfein. He works for the Sox right? I feel he's giving off the impression it's a done deal.

Garfein? He's just a positive sox personality. Sox have lost a ton of beat reporters recently and his team puts out a lot of great content. But, it's not serious analysis of the sox, it's access and a lot of "wouldn't it be cool? Won't it be cool?". I think it's great but, you can't do apples to apples comparisons with him and people like DST or Fegan 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

Garfein? He's just a positive sox personality. Sox have lost a ton of beat reporters recently and his team puts out a lot of great content. But, it's not serious analysis of the sox, it's access and a lot of "wouldn't it be cool? Won't it be cool?". I think it's great but, you can't do apples to apples comparisons with him and people like DST or Fegan 

Yep.  Love Garfein.  He loves the Sox and you can tell.  I’d love to know if he was on SoxTalk—think it’d be great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FT35 said:

Yep.  Love Garfein.  He loves the Sox and you can tell.  I’d love to know if he was on SoxTalk—think it’d be great.

And they aren't idiots. They'll have a show dedicated to "what would it look like if harper and machado signed" and then at the end they'll ask everyone if they think it could happen and they'll all say "not a chance".

I think at the GM meetings after a show dedicated to machado only Garfein predicted he'd go to sox and that was just because he felt he had to. (things have obviously progressed since then).

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres