Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Back peddle all you like. Name calling will make it certain you don't last here.

Didn't back pedal at all man. Certainly didn't name call you either. I just believe that anyone who thinks WSD doesn't have sources is dense. Not the whole board, so no need to conflate

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is one of Incarcerated Bob's accounts. Nothing to see here.

Why would he post some rumors on one account, and other rumors on his other account? If he truly believed in this info, wouldn't it behoove him to tweet it out from his main account to help prove that he has sources?

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak

image.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Why would be post some rumors on one account, and other rumors on his other account? If he truly believed in this info, wouldn't it behoove him to tweet it out from his main account to help prove that he has sources?

I don't know if it's actually him, but the account in question proudly states that it's a member of the Incarcerated Bob Network, has various links to his sites, etc. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't know if it's actually him, but the account in question proudly states that it's a member of the Incarcerated Bob Network, has various links to his sites, etc. 

I'm not disagreeing that it is very clearly associated with him if not actually him, but I just think it's weird to post it from that account. Could be because he's not confident enough to attach it to his own name, unless it's true, then he can likely retweet it and say he posted it from his other account.

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm not disagreeing that it is very clearly associated with him if not actually him, but I just think it's weird to post it from that account. Could be because he's not confident enough to attach it to his own name, unless it's true, then he can likely retweet it and say he posted it from his other account.

It also allows him to fabricate larger scoops to look more legitimate. 

2 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

I thought it was obvious from his post he didn't mean everyone here is dense but instead those who keep saying how WSD doesn't know anything and then has multiple people say otherwise.

Being a part of this board doesn't make someone dense; arguing the same thing over and over again when the evidence proves it wrong makes someone dense.

Thank you. This was correct

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://nypost.com/2019/01/28/manny-machados-last-resort-why-a-one-year-deal-can-make-sense/

Joel Sherman of NY Post argues why a $35~40 million one year MM deal to White Sox, Padres, Phillies might make the most sense.  (But still not buying it.)

I can't believe this crap came from Joel Sherman.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres