Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

14 minutes ago, shipps said:

Do the Sox even want Harper? We keep hearing they have interested in both players but they seem totally invested in Manny. Either they realize Bryce is going to surely be far too expensive for them or their interest has been exaggerated just to use as a call back in the Lozano negotiation. 

Under.The.Radar

Sox did the Bryce pitch right at the beginning...remember when we all thought he was our main target with no Manny news early on.

Boras’ ship much tighter thus lips much tighter.  Lozano is more of a histrionics showboat and thus planted leaks and fake news everywhere, which he somewhat successfully tried to stifle.

49 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The Sonny Gray move, solely because of the extension, is the only move that I haven't hated from them so far. It's been the only move to improve them behind 2019, which is a sunk year anyway. 

My favorite move as well, but getting Homer Bailey off the books was a close second. 

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

So we have exactly three weeks left! Not so bad. 

Except now we have two platypuses hanging over the entire market, slightly different dynamic.   Plus, their on-field positions are more impactful to the series of moves that would be connected.  Machado goes to the Phils, they’d have to trade Franco to the Padres before SD went to Moustakas, etc.  Same with the moves the Sox would make after signing Machado...such as trading for Pederson, lower-tier starting pitcher, etc.

49 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Isn’t this from the theme song of Beauty & the Beast?

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

What in the fuck Caulfield...

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What in the fuck Caulfield...

That pretty much describes the situation the Sox are in right now.

Machado=Beauty

White Sox=Beast (due to an unmitigated disaster over the last six years, and their 40 years of signing only Fisk and Belle that were close to in their prime future HoF candidates)

I guess I missed the memo where we had ANY relevant news to discuss...instead of raw conjecture, speculation and 100 multi-faceted theories about what was actually taking place behind the scenes.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That pretty much describes the situation the Sox are in right now.

Machado=Beauty

White Sox=Beast (due to an unmitigated disaster over the last six years, and their 40 years of signing only Fisk and Belle that were close to in their prime future HoF candidates)

I guess I missed the memo where we had ANY relevant news to discuss...instead of raw conjecture, speculation and 100 multi-faceted theories about what was actually taking place behind the scenes.

Caulfield, I actually really like you as a poster, but I think this thread may have caused you to go insane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Limerick contest.

There once was a sauce from Nantucket

Who thought Mannys contract was in the bucket

It turned out to be wrong

We all turned to song

And now we have decided to say f@#$ it.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres