Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Caulfield, I actually really like you as a poster, but I think this thread may have caused you to go insane.

Hey, but I boosted your likes by nearly 10.  I should get some kind of kickback, lol.  It’s going to make Fathom have to up his humor game, but he’ll probably catch you in all the game threads...especially if we sign Machado and there are more lively threads this year.

At any rate, that’s my contribution to balancing out the board, let’s call it message board homeostasis.

A new year arrives,

Cold winds from hot air blowing

Where are we going?

The eclipse is nigh

Tomorrow the moon conceals

Shadow over us

For all the pizzas

The world has enjoyed so far

the last is not yet

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Maybe this means the whole offseason was a misdirection and he signs with Boston (Nantucket’s close enough.)

Devers finally ends up on the White Sox, this time for Nate Jones, Fulmer, Fry and Bryce Bush.

You better not move Bryce Bush, he's the next Michael Jack Schmidt if you ask some of these guys.  

Even tho this isnt Manny related, I hope you guys all are safe during this ridiculous cold weather. My employer is a giant fuck face and I have to work today in -60 degree temps. Luckily I'm inside, but still. I hope your employers care more about you than mine. Good luck, guys. I consider this place an extended family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Even tho this isnt Manny related, I hope you guys all are safe during this ridiculous cold weather. My employer is a giant fuck face and I have to work today in -60 degree temps. Luckily I'm inside, but still. I hope your employers care more about you than mine. Good luck, guys. I consider this place an extended family.

Are you working for Billy Ripken?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, default said:

Are you working for Billy Ripken?

What was that, 1985 Fleer?  How much is that card worth today, 25 cents?

Ice Ice Baby — Why Quantum Computers have to be cold

Go to the profile of James Wall

It’s a cold, cold world out there if you’re a qubit.

Quantum computers are cold. In fact, many quantum computers have to be kept to near absolute zero temperatures.

For the non-chemists in the room, absolute zero means 0 Kelvin.

0 Kelvin = -273.15 Celsius = -459.67 Farenheit!

Almost -460 degrees Fahrenheit!! Think about it, coldest temperature on record was in Antartica at -128.6 Fahrenheit. The world literally cannot be cold enough for these computers.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, I think it’s officially time for a new thread.  This one has brought nothing but pain, suffering, Haikus, and random Caulfield references.

Maybe we can set up an interview with Dan Clark and ask why he’s so confident the Yankees will sign Machado, and what tangible evidence this is based on...we really need Harper/Boras to make a move with the Phillies or at least ask for a formal offer if one hasn’t already been extended.

You forgot to mention Source Wars as well, that’s pretty much all that has happened this week so far.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

What was that, 1985 Fleer?  How much is that card worth today, 25 cents?

Ice Ice Baby — Why Quantum Computers have to be cold

Go to the profile of James Wall

It’s a cold, cold world out there if you’re a qubit.

Quantum computers are cold. In fact, many quantum computers have to be kept to near absolute zero temperatures.

For the non-chemists in the room, absolute zero means 0 Kelvin.

0 Kelvin = -273.15 Celsius = -459.67 Farenheit!

Almost -460 degrees Fahrenheit!! Think about it, coldest temperature on record was in Antartica at -128.6 Fahrenheit. The world literally cannot be cold enough for these computers.

Someone please introduce this guy to the concept of a "Refrigerator". 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres