Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

I wouldn't expect anything until next wednesday at the earliest because of the super bowl

While the team and MLB wants to hold this news off until it would be a big story and not get buried by football, that doesn't mean it won't be announced then. If the Sox and Machado come to an agreement and sign a contract on Sunday afternoon, news will get out that day. The Sox aren't going to wait a few days to sign the contract and let another team come in with a bigger offer. And the national reporters aren't going to sit on the news until Tuesday morning out of a civic duty to MLB. Not saying it's likely to happen then, but it'll happen when it happens.

49 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well, technically it would be about a 90 degree real feel difference. Negative 56 to positive 40. 

I guess it depends on how accurate the scale is, but according to the old scale the difference would have been even bigger.

2 hours ago, TitoMB345 said:

65 and sunny here in Venice, California.

We got our doors open with a great view of the beach :)

I’m also in SoCal and find myself frequently in Venice. PM met your cell if you’re interested in watching a game or two this coming year brother.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I’m also in SoCal and find myself frequently in Venice. PM met your cell if you’re interested in watching a game or two this coming year brother.

Sure! We've got an office right on the boardwalk near the Venice Ale House. I'll PM you my cell now!

4 minutes ago, shipps said:

George...

That's your upper, and here is your downer...

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

That's your upper, and here is your downer...

Idk, that paul crane guy seems to be all over the place. I mean with the Padres stuff. Could sign at any moment sort of thing. Padres would like to meet face to face first? 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres