Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

Did Kopech, Cease, Madrigal, Robert, Dunning, Collins, Rutherford, etc die?

Kopech and and Dunning are injured. I'm not a huge fan of Madrigal, but at least they didn't take Singer. (For ironic purposes I will laugh if Singer turns out to be a better MLB player than Madrigal) 

Nobody knows what Robert is or isn't yet. 

Collins is bordering on being a non-prospect and Rutherford is headed that way. RE: Collins-I can't see a hitter that has that hard of a time hitting for average in the minors doing anything but look like 2011 Adam Dunn in the Majors. I don't care how good his eye is supposed to be, you have to put bat on ball. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Kopech and and Dunning are injured. I'm not a huge fan of Madrigal, but at least they didn't take Singer. (For ironic purposes I will laugh if Singer turns out to be a better MLB player than Madrigal) 

Collins is bordering on being a non-prospect and Rutherford is headed that way. RE: Collins-I can't see a hitter that has that hard of a time hitting for average in the minors doing anything but look like 2011 Adam Dunn in the Majors. I don't care how good his eye is supposed to be, you have to put bat on ball. 

Every farm system can say the same thing about every player except vlad Jr. Including tatis.   Every player is a gamble.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You found a way to be more pessimistic about White Sox prospects than Keith Law. I don't know how you did it, but you did it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Probably Iowa lol

Hey brother you wanna meet up in person and hash it out? Dont know how I hurt you?  These little jabs are annoying . dont know if your balls are still shriveled up from the -25 weather or your lack of a back bone hides you behind your computer. Wasnt your fault your father left, your ma was just too busy free lancing 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Hey brother you wanna meet up in person and hash it out? Dont know how I hurt you?  These little jabs are annoying . dont know if your balls are still shriveled up from the -25 weather or your lack of a back bone hides you behind your computer. Wasnt your fault your father left, your ma was just too busy free lancing 

Whoa whoa there are much better ways to hash it than using violence or insults. Perhaps you guys can do a ban bet?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Collins is going to end up a platoon catcher.  Start him against righties and get a backup that can start the other 40 games of the year against starting left handed pitchers. 

Rutherford had a very solid season last year.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'll take the opposite approach. Think of how good these guys could be.

Kopech: ace ceiling

Dunning: really good #3 starter, maybe even #2

Madrigal: reminds people a lot of  Jose Altuve

Robert: superstar potential

Collins: exceptional raw power and quality eye at the plate, should be a solid 1B/DH even if he doesn't stick at catcher

Rutherford: solid skillset, should hopefully be a productive MLB player

No need to be so gloom and doom.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'll take the opposite approach. Think of how good these guys could be.

Kopech: ace ceiling

Dunning: really good #3 starter, maybe even #2

Madrigal: reminds people a lot of  Jose Altuve

Robert: superstar potential

Collins: exceptional raw power and quality eye at the plate, should be a solid 1B/DH even if he doesn't stick at catcher

Rutherford: solid skillset, should hopefully be a productive MLB player

No need to be so gloom and doom.

Moncada hit, at worst, .278 in all of his time in the minors. His worst season in OBP in the minors was .378 

Tell me how that mattered when he got to the Majors? Moncada is a very cautionary tale for Collins. 

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Given the track record of the Sox, if three of those guys are hits, the Sox should consider themselves lucky. 

Now, Parkman is being extra pessimistic because...well that’s a different topic, but the pendulum doesn’t need to swing all the way back the other way either. The last all-star hitter the Sox produced in their system was Joe Crede. They have a long way to go to show us the can develop major league caliber hitters. 

I'm not being extra pessimistic because I actually think all of those guys suck....

I really liked Rutherford when they traded for him, but he looks a lot like Ryan Sweeney right now. 

I've not understood Collins for a couple seasons now. 

I wasn't always sold on Kopech as a starter, but he answered all of the questions I had in 2018 before he got injured. 

Cease has done nothing but improve since he got traded here, 

Eloy looks studly. 

Robert oozes talent, just like Moncada. 

However, none of that means anything until they do it at the MLB level. 

None of the Sox draft picks are anything to write home about since they started the rebuild. I don't know what they were thinking with Collins. 

I really want to like Madrigal, but....If  both he and Moncada are good......where's he going to play????? I don't want to move Moncada to 3rd until he has a good season at the plate. 

Both Moncada and Giolito tore up the minors before they got the call up and have done jack and shit since they've been here. I still believe in their talent, but it is up to them....Moncada could be anything from Jose Ramirez to a complete bust. Giolito could be anything from a strong #2 to a complete bust. They have to put it all together. 

I am really questioning the Sox pro and amateur scouts right now. It seems like the good players are of the blind squirrel/ nut variety. 

2018 could not have realistically gone any worse....

The only rebuild player to have a semblance of success so far at the MLB level is Lopez. 

I really want to believe, but I have to see more. I believed a lot more at this time last year than now. I went from giddy to cautiously optimistic. At this point I'd give them a 60% chance of success. One more year of non-development and injuries though, and I don't think it will look very promising at that point. God forbid Eloy comes up and struggles.... 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fathom said:

That 8 million they will save getting KCP will be a nice signing bonus for Manny

Don't want to sidetrack the thread but I thought you should know that Joe Cowley saying the Bulls and Lakers were talking about a Jabari for Caldwell-Pope trade, but KCP has a no trade clause and doesn’t want to come to the Bulls.

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not being extra pessimistic because I actually think all of those guys suck....

I really liked Rutherford when they traded for him, but he looks a lot like Ryan Sweeney right now. 

I've not understood Collins for a couple seasons now. 

I wasn't always sold on Kopech as a starter, but he answered all of the questions I had in 2018 before he got injured. 

Cease has done nothing but improve since he got traded here, 

Eloy looks studly. 

Robert oozes talent, just like Moncada. 

However, none of that means anything until they do it at the MLB level. 

None of the Sox draft picks are anything to write home about since they started the rebuild. I don't know what they were thinking with Collins. 

I really want to like Madrigal, but....If  both he and Moncada are good......where's he going to play????? I don't want to move Moncada to 3rd until he has a good season at the plate. 

Both Moncada and Giolito tore up the minors before they got the call up and have done jack and shit since they've been here. I still believe in their talent, but it is up to them....Moncada could be anything from Jose Ramirez to a complete bust. Giolito could be anything from a strong #2 to a complete bust. They have to put it all together. 

I am really questioning the Sox pro and amateur scouts right now. It seems like the good players are of the blind squirrel/ nut variety. 

2018 could not have realistically gone any worse....

The only rebuild player to have a semblance of success so far at the MLB level is Lopez. 

I really want to believe, but I have to see more. I believed a lot more at this time last year than now. I went from giddy to cautiously optimistic. At this point I'd give them a 60% chance of success. One more year of non-development and injuries though, and I don't think it will look very promising at that point. God forbid Eloy comes up and struggles.... 

I think you're being way too negative here. Really the only guy who has come to the show and disappointed a bit is Moncada. And he has time to right the ship. We all wish we would of seen more by now. But personally I still love his potential.

Giolito was already considered damaged goods a bit when the trade happened. We all heard about how Washington was down on him. This trade wouldn't of happened if he was still at the peak of his value. From a Sox standpoint, comparing him to his former top prospect status just isn't the correct way to approach this. Maybe it's disappointing that Coop has been unable to get more out of him. It is what it is.

I think you're being way too hard on Rutherford. Some guys take longer to develop. Let's see what he shows this year. There was talk of his body filling out over the winter, which is exactly what we needed to happen.

Collins - yeah his star isn't shining quite so bright like it was when he was drafted. I wouldn't call him a non-prospect, just one who is starting to fade. He needs to have a good year in 2019.

Your comments about none mean anything until they prove it at the MLB level. Well that's case with all prospects. I'm not sure why you even said that. This whole discussion spun out of you seemingly agreeing with the Sox being the 13th rated farm system. Guys like Robert, Adolfo, Madigrel,Dunning and Cease - we should be excited about them.  These guys have good potential. Some of them will bomb out. Hopefully a few won't.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IowaPG said:

Haha! Take it easy man! It was a joke. Sorry I made fun of your precious sources. You hurt me by refusing to give us any new information from your super secret sources! Selfish

Edited by Orlando

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres