Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I initially had my interest peaked.

My friend was a huge cavs fan and prior to LeBron signing heard from his dad (who is a police sergeant or some higher level) that a bunch of off duties were called in for an upcoming day and that the rumor was it was for a LeBron signing.

But then so remembered that I’m pretty sure it was to add additional personnel to the home he still had in the area (where people congregated after his announcement).

So you’re suggesting Machado has already bought a place in the city!  🤯

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Better than rice.

The last two quotes made me laugh, we used to have an ultra-athletic point guard at Iowa named Brian Garner, the announcer would always say he was quicker than white on rice (when he was actually black).  

And Jesus of Nazareth, this whole ordeal is never-ending.  Something has to happen eventually, doesn’t it?

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/dominican-insider-reports-manny-machado-to-sign-with-white-sox--552848.html

Dominican insider reports Manny Machado to sign with White Sox

Sportsnaut | Feb 7

One of MLB’s free agents could soon be off the market. According to one person, the Chicago White Sox are close to signing Manny Machado.

It started with Steve Paradzinski of TheLoopSports.com, who wrote that it was time for the White Sox to “finish the job” and sign Machado. Shortly thereafter, Hector Gomez, an editor at Z101, the largest station in the Dominican Republic, responded. Gomez noted that his source has said that Machado will soon sign with Chicago.

The White Sox have been one of the teams tied to Machado through the offseason. Though, much like fellow superstar Bryce Harper, nothing has actually happened.

Edited by Capital G

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

How much security do you need for a press conference? 

Scott Merkin is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man. 

Yeah. I don't know why they would need a security detail for a presser, let alone enough that the security company would have to put out an APB for all available security. The only thing that would necessitate that much security would be if they had an outdoor Miami Heat-style rally to introduce him.

5 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

What smoke?  Am I missing something?  I thought this just sounded like... "yeah the Sox are still in a good spot"

Yep and he hasn’t responded to any of the numerous tweets sent to him about when. I would love to know if this is new information he’s received or just the same info from his source he’s been stating for a month.

Just now, Ross Gload Fan said:

I think he is holding the giant flag on the field before a football game.

I think so, but he looks to be enjoying the waving of the flag.  Creates a new euphemism.

"What the hell are you doing in there?"

"Just waving the flag.  I'll be out in a minute."

55 minutes ago, Capital G said:

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/dominican-insider-reports-manny-machado-to-sign-with-white-sox--552848.html

Dominican insider reports Manny Machado to sign with White Sox

Sportsnaut | Feb 7

One of MLB’s free agents could soon be off the market. According to one person, the Chicago White Sox are close to signing Manny Machado.

It started with Steve Paradzinski of TheLoopSports.com, who wrote that it was time for the White Sox to “finish the job” and sign Machado. Shortly thereafter, Hector Gomez, an editor at Z101, the largest station in the Dominican Republic, responded. Gomez noted that his source has said that Machado will soon sign with Chicago.

The White Sox have been one of the teams tied to Machado through the offseason. Though, much like fellow superstar Bryce Harper, nothing has actually happened.

okay why should we believe this stuff and not wishful thinking

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres