Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

In what world is Machado not a household name? He is hand down one of the best 10 players in MLB.  

Yeah, and he's one of the two biggest free agents in years.  This off season has been talked about for several seasons now.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's all anyone cared about it seemed at soxfest.  It literally led off every piece of news coverage relating to soxfest over the weekend.

I think the fans who go to Soxfest probably fall in the same group. How many fans go? It lead off the news from Soxfest but other than that is there ever any news about it? I just don't see the average fan that involved in it.

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

He does say in that Tweet: "According to my source, this will come true." Not really an "I think" statement.

damn the language barrier making this a little more difficult to understand.

Edited by Kiebs13
spelling
  • Like 1

• shipps changed the title to Manny Thread - Somebody call security...
12 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

For the record, does WSD later take credit for the "scoop" since he tweeted this? 

This is why I cringe when people put too much stock on "insiders."    People here argue "Dave knows more than you think".   When you have to pluck out Hector's report to reinforce your stand, tells me you don't have jack shit on your end to report.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

For the record, does WSD later take credit for the "scoop" since he tweeted this? 

This is why I cringe when people put too much stock on "insiders."    People here argue "Dave knows more than you think".   When you have to pluck out Hector's report to reinforce your stand, tells me you don't have jack shit on your end to report.  

He's said numerous times lately he hasn't heard much recently regarding Machado.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

His Jordan tweet kinda sorta insinuated it happening today.  

The Jordan tweet heavy implies something is going to happen today, which would be awesome.

I refuse to get worked up anymore after such a roller coaster of an offseason. We are still likely weeks away from a resolution. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

In what world is Machado not a household name? He is hand down one of the best 10 players in MLB.  

In the same world that Mike Trout is not a household name.  Individual baseball players don't have the biggest name recognition with casual sports fans, nowhere near any NFL or NBA players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

In the same world that Mike Trout is not a household name.  Individual baseball players don't have the biggest name recognition with casual sports fans, nowhere near any NFL or NBA players.

Sure, but within white sox fans, casual fans pay attention to what hardcore sox fans pay attention to. The idea that a casual fan doesn't know that sox are trying to get one of the best players in the league I'm not very convinced of.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Sure, but within white sox fans, casual fans pay attention to what hardcore sox fans pay attention to. The idea that a casual fan doesn't know that sox are trying to get one of the best players in the league I'm not very convinced of.

If you do not know the Sox have been all over Machado for the past year, can you even call yourself a Sox fan?

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Agreed, but I don't believe most casual fans will be that upset. They don't realize how close this is, and many I've talked to have said something along the lines of "Yeah, sure buddy. Believe it when I see it"

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Agreed, but I don't believe most casual fans will be that upset. They don't realize how close this is, and many I've talked to have said something along the lines of "Yeah, sure buddy. Believe it when I see it"

I think they'll still be upset even if they don't know how close it is tbh

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The world we live in, where Bryce Harper is really the only "household name" currently active in baseball. People who are legit fans and follow the league closely know Machado. But that's not the majority of the people.

16 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

If you do not know the Sox have been all over Machado for the past year, can you even call yourself a Sox fan?

If you went into the park last year and asked 20,000 fans about Machado, how many do you think would know about him? 8,000? With another 2,000 just knowing that he's good and we're supposed to sign him?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres