Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Don't really see how this has an effect on any of that

I think it could affect Joc Pederson if the dodgers pulled out to see what could be done to get Realmuto.

Weird though, if they were preparing to send Verdugo you'd think that would trump Phillies deal. 

I like Sixto more, but he's a few years away and a pitcher.

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

I think it's because it was believed if the Dodgers were to land Realmuto then current Dodgers OF's could have been a part of that deal, which would affect Pederson being moved.

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Dodgers were presumably holding out on a Joc trade to see what happened with Realmuto. They most likely would have moved Verdugo in that deal and now that he's staying, they're more likely going to be motivated to move Joc. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Phillies don’t make this move unless they’re convinced they have Harper in the bag.  That leaves Machado for us.  And the Dodgers can now safely hold onto Verdugo, making Joc expendable.

I don't think this is true, they still want to win this year and just upgraded their catcher and then some, at a cost of a tremendous but young pitcher whom could get injured at any point.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Phillies don’t make this move unless they’re convinced they have Harper in the bag.  That leaves Machado for us.  And the Dodgers can now safely hold onto Verdugo, making Joc expendable.

I find this possibility very realistic. I see Joc -----> Manny------>Harper, in that order.

7 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Dodgers were presumably holding out on a Joc trade to see what happened with Realmuto. They most likely would have moved Verdugo in that deal and now that he's staying, they're more likely going to be motivated to move Joc. 

Now we go on Kluber trade watch for the next few days until Cleveland’s pitchers and catchers report.  Once that hurdle is cleared, Jason Kinander will let us know what’s going on with Joc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I find this possibility very realistic. I see Joc -----> Manny------>Harper, in that order.

No need for Joc, if no Manny.  So I say, Manny ——> Joc / Harper (mutually exclusive but both reliant on Manny signing first...for different reasons)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Now we go on Kluber trade watch for the next few days until Cleveland’s pitchers and catchers report.  Once that hurdle is cleared, Jason Kinander will let us know what’s going on with Joc.

Jason Kinander- "Spoke to some sources and wasn't able to gather anything concrete on Joc but Sox fans should feel pretty good...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They're a good team without Harper. This doesn't mean it's in the bag... Though I've thought for weeks Harper to Phillies and Machado to Sox is a forgone conclusion

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd love to do that deal without Fulmer, but gotta give something to get something. 

The fact that Fulmer even as a "maybe someone might actually fix him" last chance guy is more valuable to us than Joc is a great demonstration of why that deal is a poor fit for the White Sox. 

Just now, cjgalloway said:

They're a good team without Harper. This doesn't mean it's in the bag... Though I've thought for weeks Harper to Phillies and Machado to Sox is a forgone conclusion

Harper to Phils, agree. I refuse to believe Machado is in the bag until he's, well, in the bag. This is still the White Sox after all.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The fact that Fulmer even as a "maybe someone might actually fix him" last chance guy is more valuable to us than Joc is a great demonstration of why that deal is a poor fit for the White Sox. 

I think it's even better example of how people look WAY too highly at prospects.

• Like 1

Just now, mqr said:

Harper to Phils, agree. I refuse to believe Machado is in the bag until he's, well, in the bag. This is still the White Sox after all.

I know.  I just think there are only two teams in on BOTH of these guys.... And each get one.  Each CLEARLY prefer a different one too which makes it easier

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres