Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

So there’s an empty locker. The Sox are after Manny. If he signs maybe that is his locker. But I don’t get where anyone can come up with Alonso hinting at anything posting this picture.

Which is why I prefaced it with “it doesn’t mean anything”. I agree with you, I just don’t think anyone is losing their minds by thinking it’s empty when it pretty clearly is relative to the others 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

So now Hector is saying there are many possibilities for Manny, if my translation is correct 

https://mobile.twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1093656856826908675

I think if literally translated, you are correct but if translated in a more familiar vernacular, it would be “it’s very possible” 

edit: Hector’s response was to a question on whether he believes Manny will go to the White Sox

Edited by heirdog

The security rumor guy was either reaching or lying.

Hector Gomez has been saying stuff all winter and the language barrier clearly is an obstacle when deciphering his tone.

The Alonso locker pic is nothing.

How do we keep allowing ourselves to fall into these traps of something being imminent lol.

Until passan or Rosenthal straight up say a deal is close, everything is BS!

32 minutes ago, heirdog said:

I think if literally translated, you are correct but if translated in a more familiar vernacular, it would be “it’s very possible” 

edit: Hector’s response was to a question on whether he believes Manny will go to the White Sox

Yes and no. If he would be saying its very possible he would have said hay gran posibilidad

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

I've been sharing stuff from him all offseason, so what's one more (and this is why you don't try to get Manny at the lowest price if you're the Sox):

A Stanton, Harper, Judge OF??  If not the best of all time, it’d certainly be the most expensive.  

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So there’s an empty locker. The Sox are after Manny. If he signs maybe that is his locker. But I don’t get where anyone can come up with Alonso hinting at anything posting this picture.

That was my point. It might be an empty locker, it appears even likely and would make 100% sense to leave a spot open for Manny next to them, but I don't see how this was cryptic or winking in any way by Alonso. Now if he posted the ENTIRE empty locker, that would make me think he's trying to wink at Manny, but his failure to crop the photo perfectly means nothing to me.

• Like 1

The Yankees are not getting either. Anyone that says otherwise at this point is just pandering to the social media Yankees fans that can’t get it through their thick skulls that their team isn’t interested in superstars because of cost. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres