Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 hours ago, fathom said:

I've been sharing stuff from him all offseason, so what's one more (and this is why you don't try to get Manny at the lowest price if you're the Sox):

Neither Harper or Machado are going to the Yankees. If they did, they would run into the same exact issues that the Cubs are. They wouldn't be able to keep Judge and buy pitching when Paxton is a FA in 2021, Tanaka is a FA in 2021, Happ 2022, Sabathia is done after this year, and Severino is going to be looking for Ace money in 2021. You also have to factor into that these guys are going into their arbitration years. Based on how on how the FA market is now, players will make more money in Arbitration because there is an actual arbitrator who will determine their salary.  The Yankees will eventually need starting pitching and a lot of it. 

Andujar allows them to save money to eventually have to go out and get pitching they need. Not to mention, Andujar is a very good player and to have a player at that cost isn't worth the price of Machado.  Now that Clint Frazier is healthy and if he plays to expectations Harper isn't worth the cost either. Not to mention, they can find a cheap OF to fill that spot so they can splurge on the starting pitching they will eventually need. 

Yankees aren't signing either. It doesn't make sense long term for them UNLESS they literally fall right into their lap below a $200 mil mark. 

• Like 3

My source is telling me Manny will make a decision within the next 2 weeks. If this doesn't happen, as you know, things are fluid, so please don't criticize or I may be forced to never share any more information my inaccurate source feeds me. I would share more, but don't want to endanger any deals.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

My source is telling me Manny will make a decision within the next 2 weeks. If this doesn't happen, as you know, things are fluid, so please don't criticize or I may be forced to never share any more information my inaccurate source feeds me. I would share more, but don't want to endanger any deals.

We appreciate your contribution even though we aren't sure if you contributed anything.

Edited by ptatc
  • Haha 1

In Rosenthals latest, he says pads are being more aggressive (though that’s relative to expectations) but that Sox and Phil’s are both basically waiting to the end expecting to beat any final offers rather than trying to move to their offers now.

would prefer to be more aggressive but anyway, same situation as yesterday.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres