Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Give me a fucking break. Both Machado and Harper have the opportunity to sign a contract for generational wealth, something they have both worked incredibly hard at for decades. You’re asking them to take a pay cut...for what? So they can sign with your favorite baseball team a little sooner? BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!11

What an absolute garbage post. 

Geez, man. I am absolutely on the business side of things, and think it's silly that either party (owners or players) do anything but act ruthlessly in their own financial interest, and I also reject the occasional pleading about why a guy can't just sign for something like love of a city and not just money, but it's not worth getting mad about. The sentimental "for love of the game" angle is an understandable, if misguided, thought process for a fan and his kid who don't have to decide whether they want 10 extra megayachts or 50.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Who is the best source or who are the best sources on this site and what is their most current news on the Manny saga? Could  they please give an update? I've heard and read sooo many reports that my head is spinning!

It’s a standstill. Nothing new has been reported for weeks. 

10 hours ago, Tony said:

Give me a fucking break. Both Machado and Harper have the opportunity to sign a contract for generational wealth, something they have both worked incredibly hard at for decades. You’re asking them to take a pay cut...for what? So they can sign with your favorite baseball team a little sooner? BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!11

What an absolute garbage post. 

Hey Tony. If there is a "garbage post", YOU are the one who posted it. Someone run over your cat? I come on this site and enjoy reading comments from other Sox fans and I find your "garbage" response. There was nothing wrong with my post. Baseball is a game for the fans, INCLUDING the children. What is wrong with my asking just how much money is too much? Yes, I want Machado or Harper to sign with my team. Yes, I want it to happen now. What is wrong with that? You have a nice day and go bully someone else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Are you buying Giants' interest in Harper?  Rumored they will offer 'lucrative short term deal'.  Could affect Sox chances at Manny.

Not too seriously. Harper is clearly telling teams exactly what they want to hear in these meetings to make them think they have a chance. I see no reason for him to sign short-term deal with a pretty bad Giants team in an awful hitting park.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well said. It seems like a bad fit all things considered. 

This is going into March, I have little doubt at this point. 

Also makes you wonder if Giants think Dodgers might be interested in short-term deal for Harper and they’re trying to raise the price.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well said. It seems like a bad fit all things considered. 

This is going into March, I have little doubt at this point. 

It’s also playing with a team that has been determined to be opaque in its direction 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres