Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

here are the things that would cause a meltdown if they happened, outside of both signing elsewhere on same day (in which case, melt away):

- Yankees trading Andujar

- Cubs trading Heyward

- Harper signing with a team that's not the Phillies

- Sox signing Moustakas

I really don't see any of those things happening. The Harper one is probably the most likely but even that seems like a long shot right now.

4 hours ago, oldsox said:

Mark Texiera was on one of the ESPN morning shows today, and he went into detail about feeling sorry for Machado/Harper because the big market teams are not bidding for them, even saying that they possibly do not want to play for any of the teams that are making offers.

Tears flow for wealthy

But for the rich man instead

Smoke clouds vision now

• Like 1

I wonder how much of this is affecting the Sox other roster moves they may have in the pipeline. Hahn said there were 3-4 other moves in the works. Obvious that could have been complete bull, or moves that didn’t come together. Pederson and Realmuto were 2 of them. I can’t help but wonder how Hahn and co. must be feeling that the rest of the offseason is hindging on Manny signing and ST is literally days away. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

It is the same general feeling I have had all winter.  The Sox aren't the type of franchise that historically wins these types of situations.  Nothing they have done this winter has been very inspirational to change that point of view.  This just keeps dragging on and one, now the talk is about other teams getting back involved in the situation, which could be really bad for the Sox.  For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

With the Sox failing to close the deal so far, the door is open to literally anyone to come to Jesus and realize what they could do here they may never be able to do again.

4 minutes ago, Unknown said:

This is why things aren't looking good. Unless you think Vegas likes giving out free money. 

lol first of all, betonline is australia not vegas. lines are based on where people are going to bet money and everyone will bet on the yankees for anything. pretty simple.

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

I'm neutral. Joy to us all if the Sox sign Machado. The rebuild is still intact if they don't. MM signs with someone sooner or later . I come here almost every day to check threads anyway so one will eventually be about Manny or Harper signing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is the same general feeling I have had all winter.  The Sox aren't the type of franchise that historically wins these types of situations.  Nothing they have done this winter has been very inspirational to change that point of view.  This just keeps dragging on and one, now the talk is about other teams getting back involved in the situation, which could be really bad for the Sox.  For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

With the Sox failing to close the deal so far, the door is open to literally anyone to come to Jesus and realize what they could do here they may never be able to do again.

Business men dont have come to jesus moments about spending 300 million dollars they didnt plan on spending 1 month ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just so everyone understands. The limits on a prop like that are about $250. There is no market set by that. It's just fans 

From what I heard during the Super Bowl, these sites don't really care about prop bets very much and they're used to get novice bettors to use their book to bet more money on spreads, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Business men dont have come to jesus moments about spending 300 million dollars they didnt plan on spending 1 month ago.

Business men recognize when opportunity is in front of them.  Especially when you are talking about a discount from what they thought it would be when they had made their previous plans.  This is a group that likes things like $50 million discounts.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Hahn is the same person that said Sox fans won't care if Manny signed in December or March if he hits a walk-off homer.  I really don't get the negativity today from so many.

This is definitely true if he signs with the White Sox, but if he signs with not the White Sox it will be much more annoying if he does it in March instead of December. It will really turn me off on the team if he doesn't sign as we hear for months on end that the White Sox are the in it (and possibly the only real suitor) and still haven't managed to sign him.

I can't see how the white sox wouldn't counter someone's offer with a better one. They are not going to give in that easily...if Machado gets a better offer elsewhere he is going to go back to the White Sox and say now what can you do? Him and Lazano both know how much money the Sox have to offer a mega contract.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres