Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have I missed something?  Like what the fuck is causing people to be so pessimistic today?  Does Balta’s presence in this thread just do that to people?  As far as I can tell, we’re in the same spot we’ve been in for the last few months and that’s probably a good thing.

It's our White Sox! I want to see them close the deal! Then I'll be optimistic!

From the CustomBling Instagram account:

1 minute ago, lockwood243 said:

👀👀👀👀

Anyone see Manny’s insta story just now???? Baby shoes with Sox logo and the number 17 on them.....

uhh yeah ... trying to control excitement. Is that for yonder's kid or something? Maybe manny bought it for them? HOW OLD IS YONDERS KIDS

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Alonso Family Footwear, Instagram Edition
2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If Machado doesn’t sign with us, what number does the contract with another have to reach so we don’t all get extremely pissed at the Sox FO? Whats the number we all agree wasn’t worth to go so high?

Well over $350 million.

At the start of the offseason people were talking about $400 for Harper and $350 for Machado being legitimate potential ranges. If there's a contract in that range, it's still better money than what the White Sox have spent on previous free agent markets.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Yonder is listed as #23 online?

well manny was 13 in balt and 8 in LA

13+8? 21

Bear with me

138 = 1 + 3 + 8. That's 11. 21-11? 10.

What was he in LA again? Oh that's right...EIGHT

10+8 that's 18. And then let's all remember, he was 13 in baltimore. What does 13 start with? uhhhh ONE

18-1? I'll let you do that math.

Manny to white sox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres