Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

The 8/$250M rumor sticks around partly because of how plausible it is. It's not hard to see how Manny's people could have started the offseason thinking 10/300 or 10/350 and want to wait until the last possible second to come down to 8/$250M. Another potential sticking point is that we have offered a straight up 8/250 but he would only take it with player-friendly opt-outs sprinkled in whereas the Sox want to actually have a chance at realizing the upside of getting him cheap (if he wins MVP next year, we don't want him going out and testing the free agent waters again or else this was all almost wasted investment).

11 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

From the CustomBling Instagram account:

Is everyone ignoring this post? 

Like, this explains it clearly. 😂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

From the CustomBling Instagram account:

He's going to be #17

I don’t know guys, despite all the overwhelming evidence I think I would rather think that there is a possibility that Manny is announcing a baby girl is on the way and he is going to have Yonders old Oakland number to honor him. 

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Well, if Machado was going to play for the Sox he'd probably prefer to surprise Yonder with these in person. Probably means he's going to a team with Spring Training in Florida. Likely New York.

You son of a b****. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

First tweet about Manny and the Sox was 5/21/18 and has tweeted about other stuff as well. Could be a dedicated troll but who knows

I have been talking about Manny since probably over a year ago on my tl and I could literally change my name to Ships Machado within ten seconds. It means nothing. 

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres