Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why troll a fan base that you either still might sign with or is going to have to cheer on two of your closest friends if you don't sign there?

They are for her niece, whose father plays for that team. The shoes had her brother's number on them. People just try to read too much into things.

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why?

Deadlines work in every other sport. This off season is terrible for baseball. A deadline should absolutely exist.

If you put a deadline on it, it only favors the team. Maybe as someone suggested, there was a signing tax after a certain date (Feb 1), that would encourage the owners to get it over with sooner and up their offers.

32 minutes ago, Orlando said:

First tweet about Manny and the Sox was 5/21/18 and has tweeted about other stuff as well. Could be a dedicated troll but who knows

A tweet about who Machado will sign with in the months of February or March 2019 on May 21, 2018 means absolutely nothing.

31 minutes ago, shipps said:

I have been talking about Manny since probably over a year ago on my tl and I could literally change my name to Ships Machado within ten seconds. It means nothing. 

Exactly.

36 minutes ago, South Sider said:

There must be some significance of the right shoe being number 1 and the left shoe being number 7. Manny #71 for the Sox confirmed. 

His brother in law wears #17.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

For example, if the Yankees even come close to matching a Sox offer, the Sox won't win.

In the beginning of the offseason, I would have agreed with you. But I don't believe that's the case anymore. I think Manny wants to play with the White Sox at this point because of Alonso and Jay. 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Heyman tweeted about it, so it may have just brought unneccessary scrutiny.

Heyman... jeez... this getting his attention shows how low we are this year.

On the bright side of things, when the levy breaks all the late activity will be exciting as it rapidly unfolds.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

There is zero chance Alonso is traded before opening day if sox don't sign manny.

Likely true.  But Alonso didn't make much sense as an acquisition without the Manny connection, and he would be a constant reminder of their failure to get Manny.  To say nothing of the fact that the Sox fanbase (unjustifiably) would probably harbor some resentment towards Alonso for not convincing Manny to come here.  Make no mistake - the front office will be planning on how to move Alonso within hours of Manny signing somewhere else.

Edited by Perfect Vision

22 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Gotta admit, even though this episode of the Manny telenovela was pretty short, it ranks up there with my favorites. We had some baby shoes and his estranged cousin. 

It was thrilling, but the "Does Manny not want to play with Yonder because he'd hamper his Road Strange?" cliffhanger is my favorite episode of this season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

I’m not gonna lie, before I was able to process what I was seeing on his story I was shitting my pants. 

Before I saw the actual video, I was hoping it was him announcing his wife was pregnant with a baby girl and that he'd be on the Sox?  That would be a nice way to rehab your image as well.

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

You want to talk about low? The official MLB Spanish twitter posted this. That’s how low we have gotten this off season. 

Lol

not much worse than mlb at bat aggregating anything remotely trending on twitter, putting 15 emoticons in the headline and blasting it to everyone's phone notifications.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

not much worse than mlb at bat aggregating anything remotely trending on twitter, putting 15 emoticons in the headline and blasting it to everyone's phone notifications.

I want a score updater, not a "content" machine. Yuck.

30 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

It was thrilling, but the "Does Manny not want to play with Yonder because he'd hamper his Road Strange?" cliffhanger is my favorite episode of this season.

That grouping of pages is what prompted me to make a new account. I knew I would fit right in with this rag tag group of desperation.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres