Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

Well who's going to blow out the Sox's bid? Didn't Hahn say They're gonna go down swinging?

The point of the tweet was to point out that the IG post was nothing to be concerned about, not that there was another team ready to pounce on top of the Sox offer

Idk, am I reading that tweet wrong?

yes

If a player is out for a year due to Tommy John, like Kopech, do we lose a year of his contract as well? What about if a player is suspended? Just for example, we sign a guy to a 5 year deal and he is injured the whole year or suspended, does that still count as a year of service even tho they didn't play? Probably a stupid question, I know.

2 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

It was a joke

Though i wouldnt necessarily say irrelevant. Even if it's a legit present, it's still cheeky to post it. He knows what it means to do that, and what kind of reaction it'll get.

He did this sort of thing wrt the Yankees as well

15 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

It was a joke

Though i wouldnt necessarily say irrelevant. Even if it's a legit present, it's still cheeky to post it. He knows what it means to do that, and what kind of reaction it'll get.

Him and his wife share the account. So who knows who even posted it. 

44 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

thome chose the phillies over his beloved cubs because there was immense pressure to set the market for FAs

machado could give us a tiny discount if he wants to be with his pals, but after all this scrutiny of the players' standing in MLB, that discount would be quite minimal.

Thome was a Cubs fan growing up?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres