Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I'm curious, has anyone seen if Yankees fans are giving Hector the same treatment that we have Dan Clark?

Has Hector made any comments that are even comparable to Dan Clarke? I think this is very poor take developing in this thread.

On one hand we have a reporter speaking opinions on the situation (Hector) and on the other we had a reporter stating confirmations that Manny would be a Yankee with certainty. It's not comparable. 

21 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well it wouldn't exactly be his fault if a team entered last minute and threw a huge offer down on the table that beat ours.

Also, he's not being a total douche bag about the whole thing so there is that.

Yes. Hector reported the Sox had an offer and were likely to win. He hasn't shifted from that. Dan Clark made stuff up, guaranteed the Manny would sign with the Yankees based on "sources," and set a date for the press conference which was scheduled. Not similar.

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

im at work, is anyone able to catch this?

Nah, don't want to tune in to hear Kaplan ask him his favorite thing about Wrigley, if he still roots for the Cubs, and if his greatest regret in life was that he never got to play for the Cubs.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Has Hector made any comments that are even comparable to Dan Clarke? I think this is very poor take developing in this thread.

On one hand we have a reporter speaking opinions on the situation (Hector) and on the other we had a reporter stating confirmations that Manny would be a Yankee with certainty. It's not comparable. 

He may not be as direct with his certainty, but Hector sure seems to latch onto any Machado/Sox nugget and have a "hey look at this *wink wink*" comment on it. I get the impression that he's really hooked into the idea that Machado is going to the Sox and everything he tweets about is a soft effort to say "look at my info, I'm right".

32 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm praying that Hector is right because if not, it's going to be Dan Clark all over again 

Nah Hector hasn’t been a massive dbag nor has he literally bet his livelihood on it. If ole Dan didn’t do that he’d be fine. 

Edited by mqr

Jon Morosi said on hot stove that Hector gomez has been doing a good job reporting for machado stuff. Morosi talked about Hector reporting on the 8yr/250 offer and said that no one has come out to debunk that offer. He said that at this point its probably to guess that the offer might be right. 

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

There have been no real leaks to these negotiations. All the big time insiders seem like they are getting close to nothing on info. Hector might know more than anyone 😂 

This is my conclusion up to this point as well, I think all the usual insiders are hearing whispers but no concrete numbers. Gomez having no horse in the race and probably heard that info from someone in Manny's circle makes him much more believable IMO. Even Heyman admits to basically all contract figures right now are "educated guesses".

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Thanks 1

I dont know if i get the White Sox mentality that we want the offer to be higher.

I want the offer to be higher if it has to be higher. But the main goal is to land Manny, and the bells and whistles of it are just more evidence we're all pawns in this game. I want his total price to be lower so we can also get Keuchel or whatever else down the line. Every bit of payroll helps re: JR's tendencies.

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

I dont know if i get the White Sox mentality that we want the offer to be higher.

I want the offer to be higher if it has to be higher. But the main goal is to land Manny, and the bells and whistles of it are just more evidence we're all pawns in this game. I want his total price to be lower so we can also get Keuchel or whatever else down the line. Every bit of payroll helps re: JR's tendencies.

I think I have warmed up to the idea of Keuchel if he can be had at 4 years. I think I'd prefer him over the guys next year like Bumgarner, Sale, or Cole on longer deals. Obviously, I'd rather have Sale but it isn't guaranteed that he reaches free agency nor can be hand for anything less than say 7 years. 

So, the White Sox have made an offer to Machado...maybe.  And they may have offered 7 years, or 8 years, or maybe more or less than the assumed years.  The offer (if it exists), could be worth $175M, $250M, or another number in the millions more or less than the other reported millions.

In other news, a message board of Sox fans is ready to throw their collective computers/phones through a wall.

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres