Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

9 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Not sure about the whole glove gate. Heard from a friend of security at the cell that something might be going on Thursday. Really doubt it though.

My source didn't say anything was imminent but they are hopeful. Same as the previous couple weeks.

I feel like we’ve been there with the security thing a month or so ago.  Presser/Event at Guaranteed Rate?!? Why not just do it in Arizona?

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder why the players association wasn’t upset when it was leaked Harper turned down $300 million from the Nats.

They didn't really respond to any of the early stories this offseason until Lozano finally chimed in mid-January, on the Olney article. After that it went quiet on "offers" until this week when suddenly everyone's talking about the offer numbers again. 

4 minutes ago, heirdog said:

I feel like we’ve been there with the security thing a month or so ago.  Presser/Event at Guaranteed Rate?!? Why not just do it in Arizona?

Yeah won’t Hahn and all the writers be in Arizona tomorrow?  Not buying the security stuff at all!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah won’t Hahn and all the writers be in Arizona tomorrow?  Not buying the security stuff at all!

No doubt if an announcement happens now it will take place in Arizona. It’s be kind of silly to do it in Chicago then immediately fly him down to Arizona. I imagine this thing gets wrapped up either way within the next two weeks. His 305 guys are going to be in Arizona come Monday at the latest....

If the hat, shoes, odds, Hector Gomez and gloves are not really indications that he is signing with the Sox and they aren’t some troll job, then we are the most unlucky fans in the most unlucky fans in the world. Way too much to be coincidence. The answer is either right in front of us or we are being trolled.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

If the hat, shoes, odds, Hector Gomez and gloves are not really indications that he is signing with the Sox and they aren’t some troll job, then we are the most unlucky fans in the most unlucky fans in the world. Way too much to be coincidence. The answer is either right in front of us or we are being trolled.

The hat and Gomez wouldn't bug me...but the shoes post and the gloves would be a real kick in the balls.

Wouldn’t it be crazy if manny followed Alonso and Jay down to AZ on Monday just to continue to work out with his guys by practicing at a local high school field there or something and yet still continues to hold off on signing for another 3-4 weeks......would be just our luck 

5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Wouldn’t it be crazy if manny followed Alonso and Jay down to AZ on Monday just to continue to work out with his guys by practicing at a local high school field there or something and yet still continues to hold off on signing for another 3-4 weeks......would be just our luck 

So Jay and Alonso are going to practice with the Sox and then do a private practice later on in the day with Machado?

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres