Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

51 minutes ago, shipps said:

The whole problem for me is that there isn’t any real smoke. It’s all stuff that can easily be thrown out the window as soon as actual smoke starts to show. 

Hector’s “in the coming days” tweet along with the baby shoes & custom gloves tell me all I need to know.  You don’t make the birth of a child about a guy’s employer unless it has special meaning to the family.  Same goes for the “305” on gloves.  Even if it’s just for a year, it should be clear as day that Alonso, Jay, & Machado are pumped as fuck to play together.  Manny’s desire to play for the White Sox is obvious IMO.

• Like 3

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

People are saying it's for that speed pitch thing they're doing tomorrow. Although I don't know why they would have to hire cops for that.

The White Sox and their Front Office aren't even in Chicago. Hahn will be in Arizona tomorrow; they're not calling a press conference to announce a signing of Manny in Chicago. 

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

People are saying it's for that speed pitch thing they're doing tomorrow. Although I don't know why they would have to hire cops for that.

There will be 100-400 (depending on how many guests they bring) random fans in the stadium tomorrow. They definitely would need security for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hector’s “in the coming days” tweet along with the baby shoes & custom gloves tell me all I need to know.  You don’t make the birth of a child about a guy’s employer unless it has special meaning to the family.  Same goes for the “305” on gloves.  Even if it’s just for a year, it should be clear as day that Alonso, Jay, & Machado are pumped as fuck to play together.  Manny’s desire to play for the White Sox is obvious IMO.

Yes. This times 1000.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I hear ya. All I’m saying is if ken Rosenthal tweets something like the Phils and MM talks gaining steam that would blow all of that out of the water. No one would then be trying to rationalize “well what about the booties story?...or 305 man!?...black and white glove?...hector? 

It would easily been an after thought of nonsense. 

FWIW that J Michael Robertson dude pinned his tweet saying the Sox signing Machado was imminent, but now that I’m thinking about it this is also the same guy who said he didn’t want credit if and when it happened earlier in the offseason right? 

i know it’s a fake account just speculating because it’s do that or watch the garbage smack down is putting out right now 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

The presser will be in Arizona not Chicago, no reason to do it in Chicago just to immediately head to AZ

I disagree. If he signs with the Sox they're going to do a lot of promotion with him at the Grate first.

That said the security is 100% for the fan event tomorrow. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres