Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jack, please go chug a beer and get hyped!  Your pessimism is derailing the positive vibes in this thread!

What pessimism? When in the last few weeks have I said he is or isn't signing here?! As the offseason has gone on, I have moved from "When Hell Freezes Over" to "So you're saying there's a chance??" to"Maybe this is actually happening??????"

Pessimism is a defense mechanism for repeated disappointment. It is also the most rational and logical point of view with regard to sports because the odds of your team winning a championship in a given season is remote. Only one team can be left standing at the end of the season. If the Sox turn it around I'm just going to enjoy the ride and not make any grand proclamations. I learned a lot during this Bears season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Mooseman said:

Well ya obviously lol. Thats why i want to be greedy and get both. We still wouldn't be 100 million

With two superstars we wouldn't be at $100 million? 

I couldn't disagree more with that. Even with one of them, they will get much more aggressive with adding dollars.  If we add two, we are looking at least at $125m, if not $150.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:16 PM, teorey23 said:

New to this chat but strongly feel this:

Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams, and JR are not idiots, Rick and Kenny have been planning on making this move for the last 2 years or else they wouldn’t have gone through this rebuild. If a team outbids the Sox’s $175 mil offer, cool then add more to your offer which I know they will do. The Sox are sitting very pretty and a lot of that has to do with not only the offer but Alonso and Jay being on the team. The Sox are going to get a deal done because they want him badly but are not going to outbid themselves. The Yankees talk is BS and the Manny doesn’t want to go to Philly neither does Bryce but slim pickings. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With two superstars we wouldn't be at $100 million? 

I couldn't disagree more with that. Even with one of them, they will get much more aggressive with adding dollars.  If we add two, we are looking at least at $125m, if not $150.

This is before ARb numbers of course. However Abreu and possibly Jones and Castillo will be off the books. Thats The 13 million for Jones and Castillo are options that are included in that 26...

Edited by Mooseman

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't you like actually get a spark before you get smoke ?

I thought about that for a second then realized everything we’ve known this offseason has been back asswards from the start so that might as well be too

Edited by beckham15

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Which will be far from true. The Sox will add a lot around them.

Still not sure about this. Where would they add? CF, 1 SP?  They aren't going to replace TA, Moncada, Jimenez, Abreu, Catcher, Rodon, Lopez, Giolito.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres