Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

This security thing is the dumbest story of the offseason.

I know. The White Sox don't need a police presence for a press conference. And Hahn is in AZ. He gives his words today, so we will know pretty quickly if today will be a dud. He's going to be asked about the color of Machado's glove, and his answer will be long, and basically say nothing, and everyone will take it to mean different things.

I'm outside at the mill today. So yeah I'm cold. But the idea that we could be signing one or even both whales starting today brings warmth to my heart.

And when this happens, I would like to flip off all the doubters, naysayers, national reporters who never gave the sox a chance especially that smug little dodger podcast host who tried recanting what he said about the sox getting Manny. And then the flip offs would continue with the Yankees, Redsox, Cubs, and Dodgers fans.  And last but not least, espn, mlb network, si, bleacher report and every other network or publication that never gave the whitesox a thought.

That's all. I feel better now.

7 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

You make several predictions on your twitter, when a real one comes true you keep it/pin it, then delete the wrong ones. All of sudden when you post things in the future, you look legit.

Bingo.  I’m sure there are insiders but not as many as you would think from reading the social media cesspool on Twitter.

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

It just seems inevitable that absolutely nothing will happen today, tonight Passan or someone else will tweet that it seems that the Padres are motivated to get a deal done with Machado, and it will be utter doom and gloom here after that.  Isn't that the pattern we've been following for a while? 

Go away?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I'm outside at the mill today. So yeah I'm cold. But the idea that we could be signing one or even both whales starting today brings warmth to my heart.

And when this happens, I would like to flip off all the doubters, naysayers, national reporters who never gave the sox a chance especially that smug little dodger podcast host who tried recanting what he said about the sox getting Manny. And then the flip offs would continue with the Yankees, Redsox, Cubs, and Dodgers fans.  And last but not least, espn, mlb network, si, bleacher report and every other network or publication that never gave the whitesox a thought.

That's all. I feel better now.

And I will help you out here, if/when the Sox do sign someone big, you are going to hear about how the Sox still suck, and this isn't going to make a difference.  Also quit spending so much time caring what other fans think of your team.

Just now, fathom said:

He keeps saying "be aware" today

Yesterday it was “interesting”... today it is “be aware”

All of the “interesting” references came after he said MM to the Sox in the coming days.

Once he said that, all the other stuff started coming out.

Things to make ya go hummmmmm.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He keeps saying "be aware" today

Yes, but this seems to be cat and mouse holdout game between Harper and Machado.  Neither wants to sign first.  Harper will have to sign at some point to give Sony some time to print artwork of him and his new time prior to the game’s release date of March 26th but that’s still awhile away and I would guess they both sign much sooner that that.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres