Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Manny definitely knows he will likely end up with the white sox. I honestly think the level of trolling going on is too great for him not to know

Maybe, but if he know 100% we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think it's pretty obvious we are getting Machado. I've always felt that way. I sure hope he arrives before the end of next week though. It'd be dumb for him to sit out any more of ST than that.

Eh he can stretch it to March if he wanted. Spring Training is unnecessarily too long as is.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Eh he can stretch it to March if he wanted. Spring Training is unnecessarily too long as is.

People always say this, but for the guys that missed chunks of ST last season, I think only JD had his usual season.  Most of the guys seemed like their game suffered at least a little, and in some cases a lot.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

This is not helpful NBCS

I just have no idea how the White Sox could possibly allow/promote/be OK with all of this stuff if they didn't think it was near certain. How else does this organization survive the disappointment after all of this stuff they have openly catered to? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

People always say this, but for the guys that missed chunks of ST last season, I think only JD had his usual season.  Most of the guys seemed like their game suffered at least a little, and in some cases a lot.

The guys who stand out here are Darvish and Arrieta. Darvish has always had an injury history and Arrieta trended down the year before. To say the y only under preformed because they missed ST is ignoring other factors 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I just have no idea how the White Sox could possibly allow/promote/be OK with all of this stuff if they didn't think it was near certain. How else does this organization survive the disappointment after all of this stuff they have openly catered to? 

That WS Talk site has been Machado meathead for months now

• Like 1

What prohibits the Sox from front loading a contract? Let's say they do go out and get both. Heck, even one of them and pay them both $40m this year and next, knocking $80m off each players contracts. This would lower their cost in 2021 by roughly $4m per year in team obligations per player.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

What prohibits the Sox from front loading a contract? Let's say they do go out and get both. Heck, even one of them and pay them both $40m this year and next, knocking $80m off each players contracts. This would lower their cost in 2021 by roughly $4m per year in team obligations per player.  

Nothing does. But if you do, he is more likely to want an opt out later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

Both players want early opt outs. They would both opt out to get higher salaries. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres