Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Orlando said:

Wow if this is true, it make so much sense that this is still going on. Maybe the Yankees offered 240, Machado said no, Yankees moved on and now the Sox offer is close or less and Machado is either trying to get that offer back from Ny or trying to avoid signing for less.

Highly doubt he would have said no thanks to 240M with an offer the same or less than the Yankees.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

if true, this invalidates the Sox 175m rumor

Sounds strange.If Yankees offer was that high why not be interested? Even the highest reported Sox offer wasn't much higher than $240M. For those afraid that the Sox would have to beat a Yankees offer significantly because of Manny's desire to be a Yankee you would conclude that the Yanks are still in it or the Sox offer is pretty damn good.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I assume at the time, there were no other offers and he was confident he would easily break 300

He met with the Yanks last of all 3 teams if you remember correctly. There is no doubt in my mind that there wasn’t any other offers put out there before he met with NY

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Wow if this is true, it make so much sense that this is still going on. Maybe the Yankees offered 240, Machado said no, Yankees moved on and now the Sox offer is close or less and Machado is either trying to get that offer back from Ny or trying to avoid signing for less. Or Heyman is lying to push the Yankee agenda and making it seem like they had a good offer.

Woah. Think this one over again my man. 

Didn’t Heyman report that at the time of the meeting, the Yankees were ready to talk numbers but Machado wasn’t? All I am saying is that the Yankees may have wanted to lock this thing up early. Right now 240 seems like a lot but when people were predicting 350-400, do you even entertain?

Edited by Orlando

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres