Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

11 minutes ago, Ben Waffleson said:

With all due respect, How is a superstar free agent not signing until 15 days before opening day  not something to be suprised about? I understad the lack of real rumors but still. 

been saying all along machado is waiting on harper.  Only way i think he signs before is if he gets 280+

Fact I learned on Reddit:

Manny Machado has now been unemployed longer than he was a Dodger.

Machado was traded from the Orioles to the Dodgers on July 19th. He became a free agent on October 28th, after the World Series. That is a period of 101 days.

October 28th to February 13th is 107 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It seems now these guys are waiting for guys to either get hurt or suck at their preferred destinations. 

This is what I started thinking. Problem with that logic is that Manny is better than most players, so if a team had the money to sign him, then they would sign him and kick their current option to the curb.

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It seems now these guys are waiting for guys to either get hurt or suck at their preferred destinations. 

If that is Machado or Harper's plan that would be an absolutely idiotic plan. If my agent is telling me that's our approach I am finding a new agent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

If that is Machado or Harper's plan that would be an absolutely idiotic plan. If my agent is telling me that's our approach I am finding a new agent. 

I wouldn't say that all along, but at this point, why not? The Sox offer and Phillies offer isn't going away. Why not wait to see if Andujar still throws the ball in the seats, and Tulo still looks like an old man.  Suddenly the Yankees might be willing to give Manny enough money to make it work. And Harper probably has a couple of scenerios like that. Some team really going for it gets a devasting injury, maybe it turns into a big expensive break. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

This guy again....ugh.

pretty sure this guy is actually...

https://twitter.com/stevedaly32

JMR follows 5 people. the above guy, stadium, the sox, the bulls, and the ceo of stadium (possibly fake-only 600 followers). the only guy who follows JMR back is Steve. He also happens to have tweeted this two days ago...

EDIT: he's followed by the 108 and Josh Nelson from sox machine. This is odd lol

Edited by Kiebs13
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wouldn't say that all along, but at this point, why not? The Sox offer and Phillies offer isn't going away. Why not wait to see if Andujar still throws the ball in the seats, and Tulo still looks like an old man.  Suddenly the Yankees might be willing to give Manny enough money to make it work. And Harper probably has a couple of scenerios like that. Some team really going for it gets a devasting injury, maybe it turns into a big expensive break. 

A couple thoughts on your post:

The Sox offer isn't going away, but the Phillies very well could.  If they sense that they can get Kimbrel and/or Keuchel at a price that they like, they might change directions.

If Tulo gets hurt, the Yankees will just find a cheap bandaid to replace him.  He's only serving as a placeholder until Didi returns.

If the SS/3B of a contender suffers a season ending injury during spring training, would they really respond by offering Manny a 8-10 year, $300 mil contract?  Seems pretty far fetched.

I personally don't think either Harper or Machado have anything to gain by waiting another month.

7 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

JMR follows 5 people. the above guy, stadium, the sox, the bulls, and the ceo of stadium (fake). the only guy who follows JMR back is Steve. He also happens to have tweeted this two days ago...

EDIT: he's followed by the 108 and Josh Nelson from sox machine. This is odd lol

Only thing we can do is confront Uncle Steve on Twitter lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Yankees don't want to pay manny. Not sure how many people have to say it before everyone understands.

Manny and Harper are grasping at straws. No team will have someone get hurt and then say... well now I guess we'll spend 300 million we didnt plan on before.

56 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

I really think that this guy is telling the truth.  I believe he does have a source. Now whether or not that source is playing him and its all a bunch of crap, Idk? I think he might be a poster here or at the very least someone lurking.

But he has stood by his story. The timeline may have been off a couple times. One thing is for sure, we will know soon. Lol

Edited by smellysox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

JMR follows 5 people. the above guy, stadium, the sox, the bulls, and the ceo of stadium (fake). the only guy who follows JMR back is Steve. He also happens to have tweeted this two days ago...

Is Jason Coyle not the CEO of Stadium?

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Is Jason Coyle not the CEO of Stadium?

I just assumed it's fake because it has 620 followers lol. seems low for a media company ceo, but I could be wrong. then again I just checked and he is followed by a few of the bigger media outlet reporters. so who knows

14 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

Good job Kiebs!

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres