Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

hate to burst the bubble of the board at all ... but the sox aren't signing machado AND harper and then sending Banuelos or Covey out there every 5th day. it makes no sense.

Offensively you can make the case the team could compete with almost any two with those guys + eloy added to the lineup.. but they aren't rolling out that type of money and sticking with giolito, nova, banuelos, and covey for 3 spots in the rotation.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am guessing that is more because of English being his second language than anything else.

You also have to remember that a lot of the stuff he might be retweeting is for his Dominican followers that might not be following the likes of "Our" Chuck, etc.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If you don't find that scenerio wrong at all, I am very glad I don't know you. 

Why did you fail to tell the Phillies your client had agreed to terms with another team and is no longer considering signing with them?

Well, we were hoping to fake them out so they wouldn't offer another player too much money, so this player could join my client in Chicago. Mr. Reinsdorf and I cooked this up. 

How can you now realize how stupid this is?

I don't find anything wrong with it, because Harper and Boras don't have a right to know what the terms of Machado's deal are.  You're arguing that Boras has a right to know those terms so he can try to use them to get a better deal.  Not the case.

I also didn't know Lozano or anyone else has an affirmative duty to inform the Phillies or anyone else that his client isn't signing with them.  Interesting theory there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

hate to burst the bubble of the board at all ... but the sox aren't signing machado AND harper and then sending Banuelos or Covey out there every 5th day. it makes no sense.

Offensively you can make the case the team could compete with almost any two with those guys + eloy added to the lineup.. but they aren't rolling out that type of money and sticking with giolito, nova, banuelos, and covey for 3 spots in the rotation.

I agree...but they could still sign Keuchel. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Another guy who knows all the answers. 

If the Players Association is so worried about collusion, why would a player and his agent play along to suppress what may be the largest contract in the game's history/ 

It is the dumbest scenerio of all time.

hasn't shack already been defended once here for having some knowledge of things?

i don't see why we attack everyone who contributes - even if what they heard is misleading or untrue. We post absurd twitter rumors all day - might as well let him say his piece without being shot donwn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I agree...but they could still sign Keuchel. 

Another guy that might be relatively easy to get would be Greinke, Sox would still be in great shape to absorb most of that contract and not have to give up much in terms of prospects.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

He'll tell you he can't tell you, just wait for Passan to post something. And then when Passan posts something, he'll tell you Passan was wrong. Another "insider" batting .000 this offseason.

I like reading your posts, but i dont want people discouraged from sharing.

Were all on the same team here. This guy has been around forever why would he start now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

hasn't shack already been defended once here for having some knowledge of things?

i don't see why we attack everyone who contributes - even if what they heard is misleading or untrue. We post absurd twitter rumors all day - might as well let him say his piece without being shot donwn.

Exactly, I have been lurking this board for years, but what would a longtime member gain by just making stuff up? I'll give anyone who has been here for multiple years the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He responded to me. Why can't I respond back?

I know we all want the Sox to sign both, and anyone who comes up with a scenerio in which they will, no matter how silly, and impossible to believe, needs to be believed. But there is no way a player agent is going to be in on a scheme to suppress another player's contract. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He'll tell you he can't tell you, just wait for Passan to post something. And then when Passan posts something, he'll tell you Passan was wrong. Another "insider" batting .000 this offseason.

Shack has been around here for a long while though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ben Waffleson said:

I like reading your posts, but i dont want people discouraged from sharing.

Were all on the same team here. This guy has been around forever why would he start now

Shack has already said he follows the news very closely and he knows some people who share information with him because he has developed a relationship with them due to his fanhood and his obsession with Sox news ha. I respect that and believe it - don't see why the guy would lie. Nothing to gain from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Exactly, I have been lurking this board for years, but what would a longtime member gain by just making stuff up? I'll give anyone who has been here for multiple years the benefit of the doubt.

It's ridiculous people getting their pitchforks out for longtime board members but nobody says a peep when rando's on twitter keep being posted on here and it's "just for fun" and "how legit is this?" 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Shack has been around here for a long while though.

He has, and I have enjoyed his posts. But this winter he has taken on some sort of insider role, even calling people out for being silly. Yet, this is the silliest thing in Soxtalk history.

Dan Lozano is not going to deliver Bryce Harper to the White Sox.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

He responded to me. Why can't I respond back?

I know we all want the Sox to sign both, and anyone who comes up with a scenerio in which they will, no matter how silly, and impossible to believe, needs to be believed. But there is no way a player agent is going to be in on a scheme to suppress another player's contract. 

But that's not what he said at all... he said the Phillies haven't negotiated with Manny for a couple weeks.

That feels true, based on the pace of this and the silence. Honestly, outside of Heyman's absurd - mystery team has the high bid tweet which was probably told to him by Lozano - the White Sox have never been out of talks or negotiations. It seems the Sox are the leader in the clubhouse and Lozano wants MORE but is coming up empty.

• Like 1

He has, and I have enjoyed his posts. But this winter he has taken on some sort of insider role, even calling people out for being silly. Yet, this is the silliest thing in Soxtalk history.

That he said the Phillies haven't talked to Manny in weeks?  That's very believable

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres