Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

No way could Rick Hahn be outfoxed or out GMed by Preller.

Preller out gm-ed by Theo giving up Rizzo

Theo out gm-ed by Hahn giving up Eloy and Cease

Hahn out gm-ed by Preller giving up Tatis Jr

its circular. Everyone sucks sometimes.  Stop crying about it, the guy already said he fucked up.  He knows

edit: it wasn't preller losing Rizzo, but he has his own long list of head scratching moves as well.  He even got the nickname Prellerpalooza

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

its circular. Everyone sucks sometimes.  Stop crying about it, the guy already said he fucked up.  He knows

Fair enough although I could  add a few bars to that song.  And Byrnes was the GM who sent Rizzo to the Cubs.

Not falling for any of this garbage again, i firmly believe the Sox are the favorites to land Machado based on the obvious....Jay, Alonso, his Rawlings glove, hectors consistent reporting....manny can meet whoever he wants and that’s okay, the only way we lose him if some team blows him away with an offer he can’t turn down and the Sox won’t match it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Not falling for any of this garbage again, i firmly believe the Sox are the favorites to land Machado based on the obvious....Jay, Alonso, his Rawlings glove, hectors consistent reporting....manny can meet whoever he wants and that’s okay, the only way we lose him if some team blows him away with an offer he can’t turn down and the Sox won’t match it

To be honest, that's pretty much how I feel. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, so now that we’re all back on the two whale bandwagon, what would your lineup look like if we landed both of them?  Here’s mine:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS
  1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Pederson, CF
  6. Jimenez, LF
  7. Alonso, 1B
  8. Castillo, C
  9. Anderson, SS
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, so now that we’re all back on the two whale bandwagon, what would your lineup look like if we landed both of them?  Here’s mine:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS

Don’t care how it shakes out at that point as long as they don’t run any guy named Engel out in the lineup we are good.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think Kopech and Moncada will be fine.  Giolito is terrible.  

But it's only one full season for those guys, Kopech even less. 

I think that's more of where the angst comes from for Sox fans, seeing the young guys come up and struggle from day one or get hurt coming out of bed.  And that's acceptable.   But I don't see how Manny fixes that.  We'd need 5 Manny Machado's if everyone of these young guys comes up and flops here at the big league level. 

The key to our success is not going to be to get one of these so called "whales."    

Player development.   Can these young elite prospects meet their ceilings at the big league level? 

That's my biggest concern.  

You're right.  Machado alone won't turn this bunch into a winner.
It will revolve around development and talent evaluation. And given the history in that regard, the org. could really use the jump start of Machado.

Plus, there is no one in the pipeline at 3B.

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS

Swap Machado and Harper, and Jay and Moncada and we're good to go. 

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

edit: it wasn't preller losing Rizzo, but he has his own long list of head scratching moves as well.  He even got the nickname Prellerpalooza

And Preller got hoodwinked by Boras last year in the Hosmer deal. Maybe  Preller is trying to drive down the price on Moustakis , who must be texting his superagent every 20 minutes. Everybody is playing each other. 

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Edited by Mbs1969
  • Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres