Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

24 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Any bold claims that turn out to be false should result in Swift and powerful moderator action from here on out. You heard it here first Mods. Get the ban stick ready SS2k5

Are you a grown up person? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Chris Sale will get just as large of a contract (on an AAV basis) and would be far more riskier.  Don’t see how that’s any different than signing Harper & Machado this offseason.

21 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Swap Machado and Harper, and Jay and Moncada and we're good to go. 

Yup. Moncada has said in the past he likes seeing pitches with other hitters to gauge what the pitcher is doing. Hopefully Sox bat him lower in the lineup (not all the way down to 8th, but maybe in the 6th-7th hole. Best case maybe 2nd spot).

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Yup. Moncada has said in the past he likes seeing pitches with other hitters to gauge what the pitcher is doing. Hopefully Sox bat him lower in the lineup (not all the way down to 8th, but maybe in the 6th-7th hole. Best case maybe 2nd spot).

Wasn't here a big feature last year about how Moncada wants to hit lead off ?

Let's go with

1. Jon Jay/Moncada
2. Harper
3. Machado
4. Abreu
5. Eloy
6. Moncada/Jay (if jay, move down)
7. Alonso
8. Castillo
9. Anderson

Moncada struggled against a certain type of pitcher (left or right I forgot) last year big time and had to be switched in the batting order due to that. So reflect it with my BO. Harper needs the 2-hole since his OBP is great. 

16 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Chris Sale will not resign with us. quote me . Ill eat it if it happens

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m not sure adding two superstars in their primes “saddles” them. The franchise is in Chicago, not Miami. 

If they were to get both below market, build up television ratings, season ticket sales, and reach the postseason consistently, would that devalue the franchise?

Do we believe it would be difficult to move these players in 3-4 years with 4-5 years on their deals? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

FYI, this guy was one of the first to mention the Padres being in on Machado.  Here are the contract figures he's heard:

Except he isn’t including any offer from the Sox. Which does exist and is at least being considered. 

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

Except he isn’t including any offer from the Sox. Which does exist and is at least being considered. 

Yep and this leads me to think that at least to some extent, Morales is full of shit. Had he included the Sox and their rumored offer I might buy into this more. Meh, grain of salt just like the others.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

FYI, this guy was one of the first to mention the Padres being in on Machado.  Here are the contract figures he's heard:

I’m sure that a guy with 300 followers has contract details including opt outs before literally everyone else. If he had anything “right” about San Diego it was because some of the poop he slung at the wall stuck. Looking at his timeline doesn’t make me think  otherwise. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres