Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

If you want to be taken seriously you don't get outbid by the fucking Padres.

If the Padres get him, the White Sox can not spin this as some "glad to be at the final table" BS

Yep, if they lose out on both guys and one of them goes to Padres, there should be no excuses and the fan base should be absolutely livid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm just adding information that's out there, but this article on mlb.com contains this quote:

There's belief that a Padres offer for Machado would likely top those of the other contenders.

https://www.mlb.com/padres/news/manny-machado-being-courted-by-padres/c-303972722

Belief from who? Jaysus. Enough of this stuff. Same has been said about the Sox and Phillies. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Belief from who? Jaysus. Enough of this stuff. Same has been said about the Sox and Phillies. 

Seriously this is not happening. The White Sox are not going to be outbid by the Padres. Especially when we have his brother in law and one of his best friends and they play on the West Coast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

At this point, if there is a higher offer than any existing one given you'd have to think he just takes it and leaves everyone else in the dust for lowballing him. I think he's to the point where he's about to say FU to the other teams and not give them a chance to beat it. 

I think that's about the worst approach he could have.

• Like 4

Just now, elwood5892 said:

I don’t know why people are losing it over Twitter randoms with “sources”. You would think that the last three months of just that would make people learn not to freak out. 

That mlb.com article isn't exactly random.  With that said, I do agree that the last 3 months should have taught us something.  I've shared tweets from all angles over the last few months for people to read and develop their own opinion.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

At this point, if there is a higher offer than any existing one given you'd have to think he just takes it and leaves everyone else in the dust for lowballing him. I think he's to the point where he's about to say FU to the other teams and not give them a chance to beat it. 

Guys, I've said this before but manny isnt involves in negotiations. You hire agents for a reason. His agent gives him occasional updates but it's not like manny is sitting in a room with Lozano negotiating and getting angry. 

His agent handles this and will contact him when he is ready to have machado sign.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

FYI, this guy was one of the first to mention the Padres being in on Machado.  Here are the contract figures he's heard:

If the Padres are offering opt outs after year 2&3 then they will be tough to beat even with a higher bid. I don't think the White Sox will want to offer an opt out prior to year 4 and I don't blame them.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Padres fans are probably saying the same thing about the Sox, so this statement means nothing. 

The Sox are worth 300 million more than the Padres. They play in one of the three biggest TV markets in the country. They've had top 5 payrolls multiple times in the past 14 years - the Padres have never had a top 5 payroll - I dont even think a top 10 but could be wrong. 

They just arent the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It’s fascinating how your pessimism works.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

If the Padres are offering opt outs after year 2&3 then they will be tough to beat even with a higher bid. I don't think the White Sox will want to offer an opt out prior to year 4 and I don't blame them.

Wanting very early opt-outs and the Sox not wanting to do so has always been an important obstacle that's been looming.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres