Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I bet we are all just crazy over reacting and panicking. MAnny probably already decided and told the Sox he's signing but just stalling because once he signs he has to report to camp. I feel not neccesarily the locker but the locker location is proof of this.Get a couple extra weeks of vacation in and then sign. My guess a week from Sunday or Monday

1 minute ago, Mooseman said:

I bet we are all just crazy over reacting and panicking. MAnny probably already decided and told the Sox he's signing but just stalling because once he signs he has to report to camp. I feel not neccesarily the locker but the locker location is proof of this.Get a couple extra weeks of vacation in and then sign. My guess a week from Sunday or Monday

Of all the theories I have heard, this is close to the least likely.

So if the Heyman rumor is true and Manny is waiting on a deal that is in the $300 mil range I think I am more upset with the teams at this point. That figure isn’t outlandish considering what many thought the range might get into before this all started. As soon as Rick and other Gms found out they may be able to get a deal on this they are going to try and nickel and dime this to the end. That may wind up biting them in the ass in the end. IMO every team that went into the off season with an eye on him or Harper had to be thinking it would be in that 300 range at the very least. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

If Bryce signs with any team that's not the Sox or Phillies, then it's possible the Phillies (especially) get desperate and raise their offer to Manny in order to not strike out on both.

But more likely than not, Harper signs with the Phillies or White Sox. Other than possibly the Padres, that is Machado's entire market, too. So if Harper signs with the Phillies and the Sox then have no competition for Machado, they probably aren't going to up their offer.

1 minute ago, Roughneck said:

But more likely than not, Harper signs with the Phillies or White Sox. Other than possibly the Padres, that is Machado's entire market, too. So if Harper signs with the Phillies and the Sox then have no competition for Machado, they probably aren't going to up their offer.

Especially if it's $300 million or bust. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres