Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Insane! Pages as a goal?

Not like we have anything else to talk about. Accounts on Twitter posting false rumors, random people tweeting they heard from their cop friend that Manny was going to sign, The death and resurrection of Dan Clark, and Hector Gomez commenting on every tweet about Machado. This is all we have.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But I thought he just didn’t like the White Sox?

I really don't get what is so hard for others to understand.  Manny came into the offseason expecting Stanton-esque money.  Not only is he not getting that, but he's not being offered 300 either.  He is willing to wait for 300, as the one team he seemingly "wants" to go to (Yankees) is not willing to give him a deal worth considering.  I totally buy that he doesn't want to play on the west coast, but if the Padres end up with the highest offer at 285 and the Sox at 260, then I think he's going to be fine playing on the west coast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I really don't get what is so hard for others to understand.  Manny came into the offseason expecting Stanton-esque money.  Not only is he not getting that, but he's not being offered 300 either.  He is willing to wait for 300, as the one team he seemingly "wants" to go to (Yankees) is not willing to give him a deal worth considering.  I totally buy that he doesn't want to play on the west coast, but if the Padres end up with the highest offer at 285 and the Sox at 260, then I think he's going to be fine playing on the west coast.

With state taxes, a Sox offer of 260 would be about equal to a Padres offer of 285

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shipps said:

So if the Heyman rumor is true and Manny is waiting on a deal that is in the $300 mil range I think I am more upset with the teams at this point. That figure isn’t outlandish considering what many thought the range might get into before this all started. As soon as Rick and other Gms found out they may be able to get a deal on this they are going to try and nickel and dime this to the end. That may wind up biting them in the ass in the end. IMO every team that went into the off season with an eye on him or Harper had to be thinking it would be in that 300 range at the very least. 

So you propose spending more money than you need to just because someone else wants it?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Stanton signed for 13 years/$325 million. If the rumor is correct 8/$250 million is pretty much Stanton money. There was no way he was getting 13 years. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres