Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Dick Allen said:

How many times does J. Michael Robertson have to be wrong before people just laugh at his posts and not think, hey it's possible ......

I don't think anyone actually believes that, it's just a fun idea of shocking the baseball world. Just like it's fun to dream about winning the lottery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

How many times does J. Michael Robertson have to be wrong before people just laugh at his posts and not think, hey it's possible ......

About as many times as you bring it up to complain about.  Maybe a few less

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Maybe it's like Stockholm syndrome. After a while people think "he's not so bad"

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I don't think anyone actually believes that, it's just a fun idea of shocking the baseball world. Just like it's fun to dream about winning the lottery.

I'm not paying attention to what JMR is saying.  Still waiting to see what else UnderTheHOODIE adds.

• Like 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

How many times do people have to have fun talking about him before you just laugh at their posts and not think, I should reply to them...

• Love 2

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Is there any evidence that Harper and Machado are friends or even on speaking terms? I suppose there's a possiblility (however slim it might be) that they would want to team up together a la the 2010 Miami Heat.

They've played together in amateur ball before.  

Why would it be so hard to give them both the $300 M? They just need to structure the deal so that at least one of them will likely opt out after year 4 or 5. Give them both the first 5 years at $35 M each and the last five at $25 M. per year. The Sox could manage the early years and then likely lose one, or both of them, when it's time to extend our kids, after we've won a couple of  World Series. LOL

Edited by Lillian

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Is there any evidence that Harper and Machado are friends or even on speaking terms? I suppose there's a possiblility (however slim it might be) that they would want to team up together a la the 2010 Miami Heat.

This is my thought process. Let’s say the Sox locked up machado already and appealed to Harper that they could be a dynasty for the next 10 years if he signs. Just like the heat. 

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

Why would it be so hard to give them both the $300 M? They just need to structure the deal so that at least one of them will likely opt out after year 4 or 5. Give them both the first 5 years at $35 M each and the last five at $25 M. per year. They could manage the early years and then likely lose one, or both of them, when it's time to extend our kids. 

You can't structure contracts like that.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres