Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wait what?  I thought patriots guy was Tomincharge or something like that

On all of Tom's reports over the years, he includes this guy's account name at the end. I think they might be the same person between two accounts, but either way, this guy was listed on the report, so he either is the Tom guy or they have the same source

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So they have signed both but don’t want it getting out because of the old offer after the player signed trick.

Dude, oldest trick in the book. The old breach of contract. Tip your cap is all you can do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

Yeah I'd like to believe this. I don't understand the offer being shopped reason for no leaks. I get it from the Sox standpoint but why wouldn't the agents want to? 

This does kinda go with the tone of the Phillies press conference today.

I believe these tweets came out after the philly presser so it’s very easy to call b.s. on these tweets 

2 minutes ago, Dlsoxfan said:

What reason do we have to believe this guy? Wasnt he so sure that joc Peterson was going to be traded?

No, that was J. Michael Robertson. This Patriots guy is the one who has gotten Patriots news in the past but never anything White Sox related. I don't think anyone actually believes him, but he has a track record of breaking news so I'm at least intrigued 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

On all of Tom's reports over the years, he includes this guy's account name at the end. I think they might be the same person between two accounts, but either way, this guy was listed on the report, so he either is the Tom guy or they have the same source

Yep I think it’s the same person on both accounts

I think in a couple of hours anyone who buys this in the slightest will re read it and realize exactly how dumb it is. No leaks except him for some reason, and he gets the no leak and immediate puts it on Twitter. Then worried about offers made to signed players. What the fuck is that? Is someone going to also poach Eloy?

• Thanks 1

It’s quite a stretch to think this is a daily double long play but...

Let’s go back to the Chris Sale and Adam Eaton trades in December 2016, which happened essentially within 24 hours of each other.  Nats close for #1 option Sale, leaks come out, Boston (also in negotiations) succumbs and Sox complete that deal w Boston.  Discussions clearly on-going previously on Eaton w Nats as Sale trade pieces altered for #2 options (somewhat slightly Dunning instead of Robles) and that deal consummated very quickly after.

Replace Sale and Eaton with Bryce and Manny and this could be a similar play. Based on discussions during the 2016 All-Star break around Sale (and prob Eaton), this didn’t happen over a couple weeks, Sox were planning for December at least as far back as July.  Imagine what they could pull off with 2 years of planning (if they have been looking ahead to this free agency since December 2016), which most board insiders have said is the case.

The biggest difference here (aside from trades vs free agency), and this is a big If especially in regards to timing of deal is that the current smoke isn’t coming from anyone highly reputable.  IMO, it’s not at the finish line but easily can see that Sox trying to pull off BOTH.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Speaking of the Sale trade:

Wasn't that leaked by a random Red Sox forum poster as well?

It was but that’s a 1:1 correlation. A Red Sox trade broke by a Red Sox fan is not like a White Sox signing broke by a Patriot fan.

😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I had to chime in just to say I really doubt we get both of them. It's hard enough to get one, and with those agents? Not likely. Fun to dream, tho.

Agreed, however...

Have these agents ever been in this spot before? When they have the most premier free agents in a generation available, and there is little to no interest in them? In mid February?

It's certainly a stretch. But the more I think about it, the more it's making sense. Not necessarily all the cloak and dagger stuff. But these two guys coming together makes the Sox a FORCE for a long time. 

They get their money, and they get their winning.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres