Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

Fellas..... You are all going to go insane if you keep investigating random twitter user rumors for Machado news.  I know this whole process has sucked but there's next to zero chance that some random twitter user has info

Save your breath in regards to that lol we get an update every 10 minutes about some new random Twitter rumor and someone falls hook line and sinker everytime

do you have anything you can share in regards to either guy?

Edited by beckham15

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

Fellas..... You are all going to go insane if you keep investigating random twitter user rumors for Machado news.  I know this whole process has sucked but there's next to zero chance that some random twitter user has info

Is this.. the WSD?

I don't know a single thing about Harper.  I'm 99% sure that ship sailed a long long time ago, but that's just an assumption.  For Machado I know what everyone else knows on Wednesday or so I thought it was really close but turned out to be a false alarm.  They're in a great spot and in my opinion have no reason not to at least be high bidder at this point.  

Heading out in like 10 mins and prob won't be back here for a while so if anyone has any burning questions let me know! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wsd said:

I don't know a single thing about Harper.  I'm 99% sure that ship sailed a long long time ago, but that's just an assumption.  For Machado I know what everyone else knows on Wednesday or so I thought it was really close but turned out to be a false alarm.  They're in a great spot and in my opinion have no reason not to at least be high bidder at this point.  

Heading out in like 10 mins and prob won't be back here for a while so if anyone has any burning questions let me know! 

Do you expect any other moves from us in the coming days? SP depth, etc? 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, wsd said:

Was/is there any substance to that Joc trade that never/hasn't happened?

6 minutes ago, wsd said:

Strait forward: do we land Machado ?

I would hope they'd do something about the SP depth.  Also that one kid on the Joc rumor def had something and apparently it fell through last minute-ish

I'm going but I'm every bit as confident the Sox land Machado now as I was last time I strolled over here.  The ONE thing that scares me is that Preller is a complete and total wild card.  Yankees scare me exactly zero 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, wsd said:

I do have a burning question.  How do I make it stop when I pee?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, South Sider said:

teory...23

wetbutt...23

Coincidence? Perhaps... perhaps not...😂

This is spot on...our very own teoray23 is wetbutt23.  Let’s take it a step further:

Rick Hahn sitting on a towel during Wednesday’s presser...Rick Hahn is wetbutt23 and thus teoray23.

23 minutes ago, wsd said:

Do you poop while standing up?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wsd said:

I would hope they'd do something about the SP depth.  Also that one kid on the Joc rumor def had something and apparently it fell through last minute-ish

I'm going but I'm every bit as confident the Sox land Machado now as I was last time I strolled over here.  The ONE thing that scares me is that Preller is a complete and total wild card.  Yankees scare me exactly zero 

Given the conditions, would Giolito have topped 75 at the speed pitch competition?

21 minutes ago, wsd said:

But it's not Preller, it's 100% about their ownership group.

He already had a terrible series of FA moves that hampered the franchise in the 2014-15 cycle and Hosmer hasn't exactly been the best signing as well if you look at what Machado is staring at contractually right now.  And Myers is going to be way overpaid if he can only play 1B.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres