Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

On a tangential note, what sticks in my mind most about Aaron Donald is that leading up to the draft about 90% of pundits and common sense said the Bears would draft him. But once the dagger hit and the Rams unexpectedly picked him before Chicago, there was no value whatsoever in being the favorites.

Different situation, but dammit I hope things end favorably in this situation.

16 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

On a tangential note, what sticks in my mind most about Aaron Donald is that leading up to the draft about 90% of pundits and common sense said the Bears would draft him. But once the dagger hit and the Rams unexpectedly picked him before Chicago, there was no value whatsoever in being the favorites.

Different situation, but dammit I hope things end favorably in this situation.

Different situation, as you noted, because we control our own destiny. The Rams taking him is something we have no control over. But someone swooping in and signing Machado is something we can avoid by simply topping their offer.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

If nothing else, I'm confident on Machado just by the process of elimination. Philly is more interested in Harper, the Yankees almost certainly aren't happening, and the Padres are probably just being used for leverage. That leaves the Sox. Just gotta make a fair offer and he's most likely ours.

This is pretty much where I am, I'm just sick of waiting.

5 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

interestingly, in spanish he makes it sound like it's 'mannys preference' but in english he's listing it as 'order of highest offer to least'

Lost In Translation, etc.

That’s not mutually exclusive if Manny is basing preference on $$, which is very likely.

2 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Dec 1: Sox 7/175...Manny waits for 10/350

Jan 1: Sox 7/210...Manny waits for 10/325

Feb 1: Sox 8/250...Manny waits for 10/300

March 1:  Sox & Manny meet at 9/275...and March 1 declared Hector Gomez Day on Soxtalk

Woe is me

• Like 1

Wow...the cringe in this thread is off the charts.  

How are the possible deals with Machado or Harper leaking to random no names every 20 minutes?  Apparently these professional deal makers have more leaks than a colander.   

I pop in this thread a couple times a day and just scroll through repetitive theories...and random twitter posts with no connection to anything.  Everyone chill out, leave the house, watch a movie, do something else.  Come back when the whales sign, and freak out for better or worse.  Paying attention to this craziness is the type of shit that gives you cancer LOL...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A thing of note.....I think the only players left are white sox phils and maybe pads.......there is no team that has ever thought they needed to block the Sox from getting both.  Only teams impacted are AL Central and Cubs who are all neutered.

We believe Phils are in because of crazy money talk.....owner/McPhail isn't saying that now and is walking back from it.

No team will jump in to block Sox there is no Red Sox v yanks......Dodgers v Giants......Cubs v cards thing here.  There may have been some NL east noise but I think if Phils were in crazy money mode they would have signed one.

Padres getting one and Sox left out is a massive blow to give them Tatis and not make good one getting us a whale to offset.

I think getting both is crazy talk but I think they get one.

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who could ever have predicted 2 1/2 years ago that the Padres of all teams would be the biggest threat to the White Sox rebuild?

I wouldn’t have been shocked. I am shocked it’s getting involved in bigger free agents.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres