Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Boozer wasn't even that bad, but that signing felt disappointing since the Bulls had to settle for a second tier player because they missed on an elite talent. Moustakas would be the same way.

Let's also keep in mind that the Bulls were right there almost at the Miami Heat Level even when they missed out on the big 3. 

If Eloy could be Derrick Rose, and Moncada be Luol Deng  then maybe we can live with Moose being Carlos Boozer. 

I keep saying it, the Sox will not get anywhere if their young core doesn't develop into elite all-stars.  That simple.   Machado or Harper isn't going to save the Sox from that. 

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Boozer wasn't even that bad, but that signing felt disappointing since the Bulls had to settle for a second tier player because they missed on an elite talent. Moustakas would be the same way.

I loved him.  Boozer was one of the worst hard working defenders ever.  He tried so hard but was just a fricken trainwreck on that end.  Luckily Jo was a beast on that end.  Always was a fan though, tremendous teammate, good dude.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Yes...have a very bad feeling that the Sox blew this negotiation

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I was on here 3 days ago saying Padres are a big threat, and this was before the 2nd meeting was announced.  IMO, the Sox felt like they were only negotiating against the Phillies and never anticipated the Padres being a threat.

I don't share the same pessimism. I just don't believe that Machado wants to go to the West Coast and I also don't believe the Padres will significantly outbid the Sox. The Sox know how important this is. Could he choose Philly? Absolutely. I'd be pretty shocked if he ended up in San Diego though. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yet, you have 9,000 more posts than I do, but I have nearly 30 more rep points. 🤣

Edit: It is 30 now. 

That might ALSO have something to do with many not posting much THIS year...especially in the second half of the season after Kopech went down.  Or having the time recently to post on the day to day status of Machado and Harper.

If you could break it down to posts since the system started divided by likes rewarded to get a comparative ratio, you might have a legit VORP number.

Edited by caulfield12

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That might ALSO have something to do with many not posting much THIS year...especially in the second half of the season after Kopech went down.  Or having the time recently to post on the day to day status of Machado and Harper.

If you could break it down to posts since the system started divided by likes rewarded to get a comparative ratio, you might have a legit VORP number.

Hey charlie, do you teach History or English?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You're just trying to justify your ridiculous ratio!  I know your tricks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It was a joke. 

5 hours ago, shago said:

Someone in Manny's tax bracket isn't concerned with the per capita data. Illinois's income tax will take much less of his income, and while Cook County property taxes are some of the highest in the country, someone with Manny's wealth can just hire Madigan's property tax appeal firm and get their property taxes unreasonably lowered compared to those around him.

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Someone in Manny's tax bracket isn't concerned with the per capita data. Illinois's income tax will take much less of his income, and while Cook County property taxes are some of the highest in the country, someone with Manny's wealth can just hire Madigan's property tax appeal firm and get their property taxes unreasonably lowered compared to those around him.

or he could move to the suburbs. 

Edited by Saufley

15 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Thoughts on the potential infield logjam the Sox will have if Machado comes here? Will Madrigal be traded? Will he play 2B and Moncada goes to CF?

Got a few years before that becomes a problem.  My guess is Anderson would move to center before Moncada.  Got a logjam there as well so I dont see either Anderson or Moncada moving to CF.  

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres