Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Kenny was probably busy playing for the Tigers at the time. 

2 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Dear CaliSoxFan, what the hell do you want me to do about it?  I’m an outfielder in another organization. 

Yours truly, 

Kenny Williams 

My bad. I knew something was off when I wrote that, Maybe I wrote Larry Himes or just thought about doing it . I just know I remember thinking over and over he's ready call him up let's go . Time flys.

Frank at AA and Eloy between AA and AAA the stats are similar. The only thing that separates them is the OBP. Eloy .384 which is great but Frank's was other worldly at .487. Frank almost had as many walks as he did hits. Frank was extremely disciplined and you know he also took his fair share of K's looking much like Moncada . Difference is Frank knew what to do with the pitches in the strike zone. Frank's discipline helped him excel right away. Eloy is going to have to learn to take his walks but he also knows what to do with pitches in the zone . It'll be interesting to see how pitchers attack him. Will they try to get him to  chase stuff away or go  in  on his hands ? I'm going to guess they rather not see him extend those long arms so I suspect he'll get jammed a lot and also get a few HBP's. Both pretty smart hitters and that will serve Eloy well.

6 hours ago, HeHatesShe said:

Suggestions on our May 15 lineup, featuring the soon to be unveiled new prizes pieces? 

OK, sure, why not?:

2B Moncada

3B Machado

RF Harper

DH Abreu

LF Eloy

1B Alonso

C  Castillo

CF Jay

SS Anderson

Please note the left/right sequence: SH, RH, LH, RH, RH, LH, RH, LH, RH. 

POTENTIALLY, the best lineup in baseball!!!!  "Just do it!"

Now, about the pitching: Um......?

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

Do you think if Abreu has a good year, we will give him a nice extension?

I think it depends on how the team is playing.  If he's having a great year but we're still 20 games out, you trade him.  If everything is going well, we're competing every day, you talk extension.

56 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

Do you think if Abreu has a good year, we will give him a nice extension?

I figured for a while he would be extended, but seeing the continued collapse of the free agent market,  they would be fools to not let him hit the FA market and get 5he haircut on his salary post arbitration. 

4 minutes ago, Cashman said:

I am really rooting for Hansen, but I have a lot of doubt. I would predict, Rutherford taps into his power.

Same. If Rutherford finds his power stroke he leapfrogs into top 5 WS prospects and top 50 overall. Hansens physical health and mental approach are  potentially huge difference makers.

20 minutes ago, Cashman said:

I am really rooting for Hansen, but I have a lot of doubt. I would predict, Rutherford taps into his power.

I’m not suggesting Hansen will become a bonafide TOR starter down the road, but I think he’ll rebound substantially next year because honestly there is nowhere but up for him at this point.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not suggesting Hansen will become a bonafide TOR starter down the road, but I think he’ll rebound substantially next year because honestly there is nowhere but up for him at this point.

It is all about that control, that was his issue in the draft. If he has that control and keeps it, WATCH OUT! I am kinda worried about that injury last year. Is that going to turn into Tommy John?

11 hours ago, drgiggles15 said:

All this hype of Eloy coming up (I'm on board too), but what makes him not being another Moncada and really struggling. Do you guys see something better of Eloy compared to when Yoan was the #1 overall prospect? Just curious on your thoughts.

Moncada had good numbers in AA and AAA. Eloy had exceptional numbers at AA and AAA( so far)

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres