Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

Personally I don't like your list. I'd rather sign one of the whales this winter, then sign Chris Sale next winter. And our rotation in 2020 consists of :

1) Sale

2) Rodon

3) Cease

4) Kopech

5) Dunning

Something like that...

Boy, I really think that the Sale coming back here ship has sailed. I don't think the parting was too friendly. 

But even (by some really outside chance) that we did resign Sale, do you really think Lopez is not gonna be part of the rotation next year, Lopez??? He looked great down the stretch. You have more confidence in three huge unknowns: Cease, Kopech, and Dunning, than you do in Lopez. I also think Giolito will be part of the rotation next year too. Now for Giolito, I can see why others doubt him, but I still think his upside will show this year. But I am no where near as confident in Giolito as I am in Lopez. 

Your listing Cease, Kopech, and Dunning as starters next year just proves that old adage. The unknown backup quarterback is everyone's favorite player. 

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Boy, I really think that the Sale coming back here ship has sailed. I don't think the parting was too friendly. 

But even (by some really outside chance) that we did resign Sale, do you really think Lopez is not gonna be part of the rotation next year, Lopez??? He looked great down the stretch. You have more confidence in three huge unknowns: Cease, Kopech, and Dunning, than you do in Lopez. I also think Giolito will be part of the rotation next year too. Now for Giolito, I can see why others doubt him, but I still think his upside will show this year. But I am no where near as confident in Giolito as I am in Lopez. 

Your listing Cease, Kopech, and Dunning as starters next year just proves that old adage. The unknown backup quarterback is everyone's favorite player. 

I followed my post up 2 minutes later saying oops I forgot Lopez.

Just now, Greek-konerko said:

Οκ that moose signing tells a lot to me at least. If we supposedly out on manny hahn would imo sign moose. This means machado made his choice and hahn is confident enough to let moose sign elsewhere

I highly doubt he was ever on the whitesox radar....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Οκ that moose signing tells a lot to me at least. If we supposedly out on manny hahn would imo sign moose. This means machado made his choice and hahn is confident enough to let moose sign elsewhere

Eh, I doubt the Sox would of signed Mustakas. He does nothing for the rebuild.

1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Those are quite the gymnastics

19 minutes ago, smellysox said:

San Diego came to the dance late. They're kicking the tires. Only because of the market and its depressed condition.  They are the team that's looking for things on sale - clearance.  

The whitesox have been planning this shopping spree for what 2 years?  At least, maybe 3? The sox have done a lot of planning. They have signed his 2 best friends! There is too much invested in him to let some bargain shopping team like the Padres come in at the 11th hour and try to buy him. Sorry San Diego, not happening. 

If the White Sox weren't also trying to make sure they don't overpay, then this would already be done. 

15 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Eh it's alright. Now the Sox have no choice but to get Machado since the backup plan is off the board.

Nah this is bad for the Sox. Padres clearly need a 3rd baseman still, so what do they have left out there if they don’t get Manny?  It’s really odd how so few on here think Padres are a threat.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, smellysox said:

San Diego came to the dance late. They're kicking the tires. Only because of the market and its depressed condition.  They are the team that's looking for things on sale - clearance.  

The whitesox have been planning this shopping spree for what 2 years?  At least, maybe 3? The sox have done a lot of planning. They have signed his 2 best friends! There is too much invested in him to let some bargain shopping team like the Padres come in at the 11th hour and try to buy him. Sorry San Diego, not happening. 

^^^ Manny will be the starting 3B for the White Sox on opening day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, 103 mph screwball said:

I’m starting to think all this media push for Padres for Machado and Philadelphia for Harper means the Sox are close on both.  Agents squeezing.

Agents just want the most money and don’t care about any team preference, especially when there really isn’t any.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres