Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah this is bad for the Sox. Padres clearly need a 3rd baseman still, so what do they have left out there if they don’t get Manny?  It’s really odd how so few on here think Padres are a threat.

I'm starting to believe the Olney/Levine number about the Sox offer may have been the accurate one. Nobody's talking about the Sox anymore as a possibility nationally besides a brief mention, so I'm thinking it is down to Philly and San Diego. They're both getting one of them, and the Sox are going to be left empty handed. A majority of posters are going to be pissed in a week or two. 

To be honest, Moustakas back to Milwaukee kind of telegraphs Machado to SD. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah this is bad for the Sox. Padres clearly need a 3rd baseman still, so what do they have left out there if they don’t get Manny?  It’s really odd how so few on here think Padres are a threat.

I'm not saying that the Padres aren't a threat, I just think the Sox still have the upper hand for a number of reasons.

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I'm going to laugh so hard on here when the Sox lose out on Manny to SD. Everyone in here has been downplaying them the whole time because of taxes. If the Sox offered 250 and the Padres offered 255, he'd go to the Padres all day. This front office sucks, this organization is pathetic 

Have you been paying attention at all in these threads? There has been extensive talk on taxes already, with regards to the differences and how he would lose more by doing your scenario...::

What? I was told the Padres interest was just for business purposes and that they have no money. Even shown an article. This is impossible! Someone tell the Padres right now to stop talking with Manny as they have no understanding of their financial status. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Have you been paying attention at all in these threads? There has been extensive talk on taxes already, with regards to the differences and how he would lose more by doing your scenario...::

If the Padres offered 300 and the Sox 280, he'd take the Padres offer. That 300 number is more important to him then the taxes 

37 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Οκ that moose signing tells a lot to me at least. If we supposedly out on manny hahn would imo sign moose. This means machado made his choice and hahn is confident enough to let moose sign elsewhere

Hahn would never sign Moose as a back up plan while we are still in the running to get Manny because if Manny did sign with the Sox we would also be stuck with Moose's contract. It means nothing in regards to Manny's choice other than the fact that the White Sox still have a chance at getting him.

Edited by JuliusO1274

7 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I'm going to laugh so hard on here when the Sox lose out on Manny to SD. Everyone in here has been downplaying them the whole time because of taxes. If the Sox offered 250 and the Padres offered 255, he'd go to the Padres all day. This front office sucks, this organization is pathetic 

No one downplayed the Padres because of taxes. They downplayed the Padres because they're the Padres.

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

If the Padres offered 300 and the Sox 280, he'd take the Padres offer. That 300 number is more important to him then the taxes 

Okay peavy44, back to the numbers....if the deal is anywhere close to each other the Sox win out....you gave a 5 million dollar gap now are throwing out totally random numbers when no one has even hinted those being comparable in talk from either team.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

No one downplayed the Padres because of taxes. They downplayed the Padres because they're the Padres.

The Padres future looks brighter than the White Sox. Far and away the best farm system in baseball. They've also shown a willingness to spend in the past. They are less of a joke than the White Sox 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres