Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, especially the Yankees one. These are last minute desperation shots to me. 

The Heyman tweet screams like desperation from the Yankees to me. "Psst, Manny, don't forget we're here to offer you a shitty deal"

2 minutes ago, Mr. Showtime said:

I looked at his feed and he made a comment about the Sox signing him to a long term deal if Bryce goes to Philly, but he also retweeted the Heyman comment about going to the West coast might be OK by him now.

Don’t forget he’s trying to keep his Dominican readers in the loop about Manny. I truly believe he retweets everything to keep them updated.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Moustakas gets $10 million. That's a pretty good deal for him, all things considered. I'm sure he would have liked a 2-year deal (or much longer), but he's just a so-so guy and gets a good chunk of money.

Definitely lost money. Might as well of waited a bit longer at this point.... or this means manny signed already...

Edited by Ben Waffleson

About two weeks ago, I was cautiously optimistic that the Sox would get one of them, for everyone's information. I put Machado on the Sox in MLB the Show. 

I will say this: If Machado signs with the Padres they will be the Sox fanbase's most hated NL organization outside of the Cubs, having stolen Tatis and Machado from the Sox. (or at least that will be the perception) 

9 minutes ago, Jake said:

I don't follow.

Hahn has been hinting all offseason of possibly moving Yoan to 3B depending on how the offseason shook out.  IMO, the only way that wasn’t happening was if we added a legit stud 3B like Manny.  Obviously I could be wrong here, but that’s how I and several others took his comments.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn has been hinting all offseason of possibly moving Yoan to 3B depending on how the offseason shook out.  IMO, the only way that wasn’t happening was if we added a legit stud 3B like Manny.  Obviously I could be wrong here, but that’s how I and several others took his comments.

I think that's a plausible interpretation of those comments, but I just didn't see any direct relationship with Harper being on the team or not.

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think that's a plausible interpretation of those comments, but I just didn't see any direct relationship with Harper being on the team or not.

My point was not to take Yoan taking grounders at 3B as being a bad thing as they’re just keeping their options open and Moncada would probably end up there if we end up with Harper instead of Machado.

15 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Heyman is begging for Machado to end up a Yankee. 

Dude has been an embarrassment this off season not being able to remove his fan hat while being a National writer. 

Yes!  I wonder if he realizes he could have posted that tweet in December and it would still apply?  All his stuff is very “safe” and obvious.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

All of Heyman's tweets today are about the Padres/Yankees. Be prepared to be disappointed folks. Get your torches and pitchforks ready. 

There’s a penchant for overreacting here. So much of what’s released is misdirection.

We just won’t know until things are finished. All else is speculation or intentional information used to negotiate through the media.

Welcome, rook.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And who do you think leaked that?  It’s clearly coming from Lozano.

You're reading between the lines for things that aren't there dude. I get trying to be optimistic and keeping your hopes up. Just curious: What would your reaction be should the Sox fail on both whales? 

I could go for another good old arguing again amongst baseball writers to close out this free agency.....

its going to end with one writer reporting a deal has been made with team a and another reporting a deal has been made with team b and we will all have to wait to find out who was right when the actual MLB team announces the signing

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres