Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

These Twilight movies were huge, you'd know who's starring in it just by osmosis. 🤷‍♂️

I mean...I'd wish I knew nothing about those movies personally. 

Edited by Baron

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Exactly this scenario is why teams bid against themselves. It prevents another team from swooping in late and stealing the player with a slightly higher offer. 

Dude, it doesn't work like that. Nobody's going to steal anyone. If the Pads outbid us, Lozano will let us know before anything happens. That's just in the interest of getting the most money. So we'll get our shot. If we lose, either Manny really didn't want to play here, or we refused to beat the ultimate winning offer.

There is no reason to bid against yourself, EVER.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ItsCalledComiskey said:

It's not my money. Lets offer Harper and Machado both 8/$300 and just move on. 

I honestly thought at the start of this that it would take at least something like this. If the Sox didn’t they were going to a Tesla dealership with chevy money. 

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I honestly thought at the start of this that it would take at least something like this. If the Sox didn’t they were going to a Tesla dealership with chevy money. 

Right, if they’re not prepared to beat 8/ let’s call it 260, they weren’t willing to do what it took in the first place. 

Anything short of a jaw dropping deal I will be furious

2 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Do we really think that White Sox thought it would cost $250 million or less for Manny?!?

I like the silence on White Sox (other than being on the periphery of tweets and of course our own Hector Woo Woo) as they operate well this way.

Nothing from anyone on the Sox end. No one talking. Seems good to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

It is rather quiet on our end, almost zero mentions of the Whitesox in any tweet with either of these two since this has all gone down. I would suspect this is exactly how Sox management would like it.

This is often what it’s like when the Sox don’t land someone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes his weeks old information really comforts me.

Well it should comfort you to some extent, because otherwise we should believe the Sox’s offer was somewhere between 7/$175M and like 7/$210m.  If the Sox were at 8/$250M weeks ago, hard to believe they won’t go up another $20M to $30M to get this thing done.

5 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Dude, it doesn't work like that. Nobody's going to steal anyone. If the Pads outbid us, Lozano will let us know before anything happens. That's just in the interest of getting the most money. So we'll get our shot. If we lose, either Manny really didn't want to play here, or we refused to beat the ultimate winning offer.

There is no reason to bid against yourself, EVER.

So if the White Sox are insistent that they will not bid against themselves...isn't a plausible scenario that the White Sox would not believe Lozano if he said they had a $280 million offer, hold firm at $250, and then find out that the offer was real when he signs elsewhere?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres