Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just going off what others have already said...if they have really been targeting this FA class for 2 years there is no reason 8/280 should be too high.  Based on everything especially over the last year plus they should have known it was going to be around 10/300 at a bargain.  If they don't get this done they were never actually serious.

I would assume this is putting whatever Harper has on hold as well.  Boras is not going to let him take less money than Machado.

8 minutes ago, daggins said:

And yet, they've been very eager to say how big a deal it is for them to have a seat at the table. I think they know Jerry won't pay when it gets hairy.

We've never seen Jerry with total (future) payroll this low. We've always been trying to win year to year with future payroll already spoken for.  And Sox have had big payrolls before, the only difference this time is we'll commit a big percentage of that to one player

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Even with my latest remarks in this thread, I do feel very confident that the White Sox sign Manny Machado, and I even have a level of confidence that they sign Harper, too. Go Sox. 

Eh, if your fanhood relies on this signing then you're not much of a fan at all which is fine.. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Eh, if your fanhood relies on this signing then you're not much of a fan at all which is fine.. 

In 2015 (or 2016, I can't remember) I was ready to leave this franchise as their decade of just horrid decisions leading to mediocre or terrible teams was just not enjoyable. They turned it around by trading their stars for the prospects and I was completely reinvigorated in baseball and the White Sox. I've been a White Sox fan since I was born, I'm nearly 30 now. 

However, the questionable decisions with the front office, their inability to complete deals with the stars (and instead pocket the money) is still prevalent. 

It goes without repeating how well the White Sox are set up for this market. They doubled down on it all offseason by not shying away. I'm not unreasonable, if Manny and Harper get astronomical deals unforeseen and clearly ridiculous, I'll give the F.O. a pass on it, but if we miss out on them within reasonable amounts, I will be furious enough to walk away. Baseball's the only sport I follow, and I won't waste my fandom on an organization like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

In 2015 (or 2016, I can't remember) I was ready to leave this franchise as their decade of just horrid decisions leading to mediocre or terrible teams was just not enjoyable. They turned it around by trading their stars for the prospects and I was completely reinvigorated in baseball and the White Sox. I've been a White Sox fan since I was born, I'm nearly 30 now. 

However, the questionable decisions with the front office, their inability to complete deals with the stars (and instead pocket the money) is still prevalent. 

It goes without repeating how well the White Sox are set up for this market. They doubled down on it all offseason by not shying away. I'm not unreasonable, if Manny and Harper get astronomical deals unforeseen and clearly ridiculous, I'll give the F.O. a pass on it, but if we miss out on them within reasonable amounts, I will be furious enough to walk away. Baseball's the only sport I follow, and I won't waste my fandom on an organization like that. 

What team will you go to?

1 minute ago, Ben Waffleson said:

What team will you go to?

I've giving it some thought. I don't know, it's tough. I'm not even sure if I will pick another team or just be a neutral fan and avoid following the W'Sox. Perhaps the Cubs, Rays, Yankees, Padres, or Oakland. 

If you're 30, you're just being spoiled. I actually think going through the bad stuff and suffering makes winning more rewarding. You lived through the winningest decade in modern times for them and you got a world series. They missed out a few times but for someone who is 30 to say f it is embarrassing imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I've giving it some thought. I don't know, it's tough. I'm not even sure if I will pick another team or just be a neutral fan and avoid following the W'Sox. Perhaps the Cubs, Rays, Yankees, Padres, or Oakland. 

The Cubs lol. Dont hit your head on the way out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres