Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Soxnfins said:

Trying to stay positive, but the Sox don't exactly have the best of luck 'waiting things out' when it comes to free agents.... Trades are a different story.

Well, I guess we're lucky to be competing against the Padres and their low payroll history and not the Cubs, Yankees, BoSox, Dodgers, Rangers, Angels, Cardinals, Mets, Tigers, Giants, and Astros. 

With all of the purported leaks yesterday, there was almost nothing regarding the Sox.  Either the Sox are operating below the radar, or they haven't been serious from the beginning.  I'm believing the former, of course.  I just hope we hear something...maybe from one of our trusted insiders.

12 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I am confident that Heyman  will tweet information that only an insider can provide: that when 3 teams are after 2  players, then at least one of those teams will be shut out and not get a player.

Just to prove Heyman wrong: "In an historic deal, the White Sox and Padres have both signed Manny Machado, splitting an 8 year, $275M deal.  Machado will play for the Padres on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays and for the White Sox Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  The teams will alternate Sundays."

• Haha 2

LET"S GET IT BOIS!

It's a new day, YES IT IS! After a rough night of rumors last night, we all got a fresh night of sleep and are ready to see our CAPTAINO Hahn reward our deligience and hard work all offseason with a MANUEL MACHADO!!!!

COME TO PAPA

Edited by iWiN4PreP
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well, I guess we're lucky to be competing against the Padres and their low payroll history and not the Cubs, Yankees, BoSox, Dodgers, Rangers, Angels, Cardinals, Mets, Tigers, Giants, and Astros. 

True.  But it is Preller at GM, can never count him out.  If we land Machado, I will be ecstatic.

One thing I find very comical is the 8/240 piece came out...Hector and a couple others reiterated that Sox offered 8/250 and magically the Padres offer could be 8/280. That sounds like the biggest Lozano boner I have ever heard. I really think Padres offer is 8/240 with probably 30 million in bonus and deferment money. Realistically if Sox up offer to 8/270 that is enough to beat them easily in taxes and still be a below market contract based on December guesses. TODAY is Mr. Hahn's Opus. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres