Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Might make a tweet asking people to like the tweet if they would buy a Manny Machado Jersey. I could easily make it a poll, but I like the instant gratification of getting likes on twitter so I’m going to do that. Not that I even care if anyone would buy a Manny Jersey. I just want the likes 

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am not very optimistic right now, but Machado working only at 3rd base for one practice on February 18th is not that sign dudes.

That’s three practices now, and let’s not forget Hahn was saying his position this season depends on how the offseason goes. The writing is on the wall.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s three practices now, and let’s not forget Hahn was saying his position this season depends on how the offseason goes. The writing is on the wall.

There it is. Manny Machado is not in camp. Changing your plans assuming he will be would be really dumb. This doesn't mean anything other than Manny is not currently on the White Sox.

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why?

I just think its a slap on the face to TA. Hes worked hard and made a ton of improvements defensively as a shortstop. Moving him to CF doesnt make a ton of sense with the amount of depth we have in our outfield prospects. Also, it kills the Joc trade potential, which we need his LH bat to offset machado.

Edited by Ben Waffleson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Waffleson said:

I just think its a slap on the face to TA. Hes worked hard and made a ton of improvements defensively as a shortstop. Moving him to CF doesnt make a ton of sense with the amount of depth we have in our outfield prospects. Also, it kills the Joc trade potential, which we need his LH bat to offset machado.

Giving TA reps in CF does none of this.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

They want to work Moncada at 3rd. They've been talking about that for months. Someone has to play 2nd. Reeeeeeeeeeeelax.

Because they are going to move Moncada to 3b permanently to clear a spot for Madrigal and since they're not signing Machado, that's the only IF they can make work with the current org. That's pretty straightforward logic. 

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres