Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Looks like Machado will land in SD. Although, the MLB network radio people keep saying the Yankees will somehow jump in and get him. Sounds like the White Sox are slipping away from both Machado and Harper from all recent reports. Not good. It will be yet another offseason of false hope and disappointment for us White Sox fans. The thought of a full season of Moncada at 3B is frightening. If he played sub-par defense at a much easier 2B position, how can we expect him to perform well at the hot corner? #WorriedSoxFanHere 

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

To me that feels more likely than the Sox moving Yoan there permanently

I mean I hope that's the case, but working him exclusively at third on the first day of spring training makes it know they are serious about it. And IF it were posturing, then they just wasted a day where he could've been working at second. They can't be stupid enough to do that

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't understand why this is a line of thought. Whether or not Machado signs does not mean you need to move your very important part of the rebuild to 3rd and *downgrade* him to accommodate a guy that may *may* be a supersub on a contending team.

Because it's the White Sox and they are going to rush Madrigal up as fast as they can because that's a White Sox thing.

6 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

If the almighty Madrigal is what everyone says he is then he will be up here before we know it. Only way to find that out is by consistently playing him right now in spring training....all this is doing is seeing where the great Madrigal could possibly fit in

He does have a polished bat and think he'll blaze through the minors.  April 2020 is kind of my expectation at this point. I'm aggressive on that stance though. I'm hoping to see him in AAA by ASB.

5 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Looks like Machado will land in SD. Although, the MLB network radio people keep saying the Yankees will somehow jump in and get him. Sounds like the White Sox are slipping away from both Machado and Harper from all recent reports. Not good. It will be yet another offseason of false hope and disappointment for us White Sox fans. The thought of a full season of Moncada at 3B is frightening. If he played sub-par defense at a much easier 2B position, how can we expect him to perform well at the hot corner? #WorriedSoxFanHere 

damn Overeaction Monday !!!!  

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I mean I hope that's the case, but working him exclusively at third on the first day of spring training makes it know they are serious about it. And IF it were posturing, then they just wasted a day where he could've been working at second. They can't be stupid enough to do that

I don't think him taking grounders at 3rd is going to matter. It's not like he forgot all the reps he had before over the winter.

Funny, some poster told me 20 times that the Padres only got in the race because the price was soooooo low. Now they have allegedly have the highest offer. Waiting out players leads to teams having time to figure stuff out with their budget. We made the right move by waiting, but now we may need to deal the deal with an offer that can't be refused. 

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

He does have a polished bat and think he'll blaze through the minors.  April 2020 is kind of my expectation at this point. I'm aggressive on that stance though. I'm hoping to see him in AAA by ASB.

Again, until he does something higher up he’s just another Sox prospect that I don’t have much hope for right now. No need to sharpie him in as the starter when we don’t have the best track record of identifying MLB level bats in the draft

Edited by beckham15

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres