Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Mbs1969 said:

This is getting ridiculous.  Pure negotiations.   Lozano has been controlling the message the last 2 days.   Now the Sox responded.   I still hear good things and Hector just said he still thinks that he signs with Sox.  Take a deep breath. 

Manny... is that you?

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

See Fields, Semien, Teahen, Beckham, Viciedo, Collins (coming soon, according to scouts), Burger...

Then all the money we have invested into 1B/DH types over the last two decades, versus catcher, middle infield and CF.

No patience, or a lack of ability to “fix fielders” like Cooper could fix pitchers.

it's been bad.

5 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

This is getting ridiculous.  Pure negotiations.   Lozano has been controlling the message the last 2 days.   Now the Sox responded.   I still hear good things and Hector just said he still thinks that he signs with Sox.  Take a deep breath. 

What did the white sox respond?

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

More lineup flexibility? It is the way the game is morphing into.

As I said - lineup flexibility is fine once a guy has actually developed at his position. Moncada had tools to be a good 2b but he was weak there last year, he needed time to improve at the position and regular reps before we would hope for positive results. If he remains a weak, unpracticed 2b, and we have him also be a weak 3b because we've moved him around so often, we haven't done him or the team any favors.

The worst thing with this particular player, who is raw and needs work and reps, would be moving him back and forth. If you're going to start working him at 3b, put him there and keep him there and hope you have another 2b available soon. 

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Which RH had little if anything to do with.  And that's now 14 years ago.  The honeymoon period is long gone.  Remember, it was Hahn's disastrous off-season in 2015 that led to this rebuild.

He gets this year and next year.  If the team doesn't win more than 88 games next year he more than deserves to be canned.

2016 was worse- he spent $25 million on a bunch of nothing.  And June 2016, specifically, was a disaster.
He should have fired after 2016.  Once that didn't happen, I expect him to be GM for as long as he wants.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

As I said - lineup flexibility is fine once a guy has actually developed at his position. Moncada had tools to be a good 2b but he was weak there last year, he needed time to improve at the position and regular reps before we would hope for positive results. If he remains a weak, unpracticed 2b, and we have him also be a weak 3b because we've moved him around so often, we haven't done him or the team any favors.

The worst thing with this particular player, who is raw and needs work and reps, would be moving him back and forth. If you're going to start working him at 3b, put him there and keep him there and hope you have another 2b available soon. 

I don't know. That's true in general. However maybe they though he needs the mental breaks of doing something different. Last year he looked like a guy who would get too down and wrapped up in his own mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

What did the white sox respond?

They had Renteria practice Yoan out at 3rd and say you may see him out there at the opener.  Lozano is trying to leverage them into increasing offer.   This was their response.   Everyone step back from the ledge.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

Well this has been fun.

As I said about page 300, highly entertaining.  I don't think too many people realize it's just a game and has no real bearing on their lives. It's entertainment. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

2016 was worse- he spent $25 million on a bunch of nothing.  And June 2016, specifically, was a disaster.
He should have fired after 2016.  Once that didn't happen, I expect him to be GM for as long as he wants.

RT. Trading Chris Sale was probably the right move. Putting yourself in a postion where you have to trade Chris Sale should be a fireable offense.

Just now, ptatc said:

As I said about page 300, highly entertaining.  I don't think too many peop,e realize it's just a game and has no real bearing on their lives. It's entertainment. 

I wouldnt call what they have run out there for the past 10 years exactly entertainment....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

They had Renteria practice Yoan out at 3rd and say you may see him out there at the opener.  Lozano is trying to leverage them into increasing offer.   This was their response.   Everyone step back from the ledge.   

LMAO. A quarter of a billion  dollar player who would rather play SS, and the Sox are going to get him to flinch by having Moncada take grounders at 3B. Get real. It isn’t like he has no other options.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres