Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Whitesoxa6 said:

I didn’t say that. I said that I didnt have confidence in a rebuild from a front office that hasn’t been able to consistently find talent since the early 2000’s. 

You've done nothing but essentially call people stupid for everything this entire winter acting like you already have it all figured out and the team is going to fail,  yet you are still here. If it is that miserable. find a new hobby. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heirdog said:

80%...look at their division.  And worst case, prospects (top end and depth) can be traded for stars as needed.

The team was dogshit last year when they were supposed to see improvements from graduated prospects. With exceptions to Jiménez, Kopech, and Cease, all of their prospects have big question marks regarding their future. Picking top 10 year after year has done nothing to help the rebuild when it should have 

3 minutes ago, heirdog said:

80%...look at their division.  And worst case, prospects (top end and depth) can be traded for stars as needed.

Most of the division looks like the Sox, and while the Sox farm looks pretty good now,  the Sox aren't exactly in the upper tier of talent evaluation  and development.   IN one sense the Indians' window is closing...but it's also true that they have far more productive young players on their major league team than the Sox do.

All of this hysteria is over these obvious, yet questionable negotiating tactics. So, there might be some possibly unethical tactics being employed by Lozano, as the Sox pursue baseball's "bad boy" through negotiations with his sleazeball agent. Why should any of us be surprised? The bigger surprise would have been a normal, quick resolution. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Because I watch between 120-140 games a year and have reason to criticize a team that has come close to the playoffs 1 time in the last 10 years 

You are miserable. You should have some hope or good reason to devote all that time and energy to your team. You clearly don’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any advice about going to Yosemite National Park in the summertime?

Besides DON’T GO at that time, lol?

Back to haikus?

(Speaking of poop, don’t drink even drink the Coca Cola at McDonald’s in the Philippines, still having stomach problems five days later, back in China.  Only bottled water from now on in 3rd world countries.)

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Back to haikus?

(Speaking of poop, don’t drink even drink the Coca Cola at McDonald’s in the Philippines, still having stomach problems five days later, back in China.  Only bottled water from now on in 3rd world countries.)

Hey can i get your attention for a minute

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Not miserable at all, I enjoy watching the Sox. I’m just not afraid to admit that they suck 

Congratulations on your admission. Unlike all of us here, who I’m sure have not once admitted over the past few years that they have indeed sucked. You are advanced in your whitesox observations. 

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Back to haikus?

It’s usually not the beverage itself but the ice (made from tap water?)  you used to make it cold. 

Just now, shipps said:

Congratulations on your admission. Unlike all of us here, who I’m sure have not once admitted over the past few years that they have indeed sucked. You are advanced in your whitesox observations. 

If the team sucks this year this board is going to have a major, major reckoning.  Sadly I think it's coming.  Glad I'm not a mod.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres