Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

What does one do to get ready for this (aside from check it all religiously)?

Every time I go without refreshing twitter for a few minutes and I see I have 20+ new tweets on my timeline I'm always a little nervous Manny has signed. I have a problem.

5 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Every time I go without refreshing twitter for a few minutes and I see I have 20+ new tweets on my timeline I'm always a little nervous Manny has signed. I have a problem.

Yeah I made a baseball list to focus in, anytime more than 4-5 go up in a refresh I get antsy. Typically bad retweets.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

did people forget that over mannys first 5 year stretch baltimore had like the 2nd most wins of all franchises

Not trying to cut down Manny at all, I am just confused by the sentiment in general. 

If we are putting this on one player, I think Washington did fairly well record wise with Bryce. 

I just don't get the Machado is wins but Harper is just marketing angle.  

22 minutes ago, Machado2Sox said:

10 years of losing with no end in sight is not something that leads to very happy and reasonable fans but adding Machado would be a first step in changing this mentality.

I would disagree there is no end in sight.

12 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

How many hours do you guys think you've spent on SoxTalk since this offseason began? It's probably in the hundreds for me, which is both impressive and sad. Lol. 

The most ever in my life. This offseason I've been obsessed.  And I thought I was bad with the Sale trade/Eaton trade. But this offseason was a whole other level of bad. Yes impressive and sad. Sorry kids, wife, family. Go Sox!

Edited by smellysox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I read this as all three teams have interest, but the Sox have the strongest interest. Padres and Phillies are interested, but aren’t as convinced they need to spend $250 million+ on Machado. Is that what everyone else took away from it?

White Sox are all in on manny. The other two prefer manny but the owners aren’t convinced he’s a better investment

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I read this as all three teams have interest, but the Sox have the strongest interest. Padres and Phillies are interested, but aren’t as convinced they need to spend $250 million+ on Machado. Is that what everyone else took away from it?

Machado is the first choice of the Sox, Phillies, and Padres for their front offices because he is undoubtedly the best value.  Phillies and Padres ownership may want Harper because he is the bigger draw of the two for fans and merchandise.

1 hour ago, Princess Dye said:

Hector begging every one of these top guys to recognize him.

When Rosenthal breaks the signing, he will need to send 3 tweets to fit all the Hector first with #Machado to White Sox being “possible”, “interesting”, “very likely”, “hmmmm”, “as I have said”, “matches his source”

Edited by heirdog

4 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

Remember when we were upset when the Sox didn’t sign Justin Upton, Alex Gordon, or Cespedes??? It’s gonna be a completely different outcome this time 😬

Just curious, do you think there will be other moves to follow the Machado signing?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres