Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I know we seem to be bi polar in this group, but Padres fans are freaking out after Ken’s tweet so at least we know we aren’t the only insane fanbase. We should get more slack though, we have dealt with this much longer than them. 😂

Fuck them. We've been at this and have been more invested longer.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, teorey23 said:

Remember when we were upset when the Sox didn’t sign Justin Upton, Alex Gordon, or Cespedes??? It’s gonna be a completely different outcome this time 😬

I can't remember if you claim to be an insider or if you are just going on gut feeling. Which is it? Either way, I tend to agree with your posts. We are landing Manny.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I can't remember if you claim to be an insider or if you are just going on gut feeling. Which is it? Either way, I tend to agree with your posts. We are landing Manny.

I don’t think our uncle Rey has ever responded to questions about whether he has sources or not

Based on my 3ish months of research, I think White Sox have best offer to Machado.

padres have intimated that they would match but need to exceed by a bit and have pitched creative ways (deferrals, signing bonus etc)...but in the end, in today’s dollars, the white Sox (who will front load contract to afford more talent later) still have best offer.  If not for Padres trying this smoke and mirrors, it would be done already.

but it will be done and likely shortly 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

So this guy's going to break the "real story" of the fake news/twitter-verse/random profiles with scant following...BUT NOT TELL US WHO THESE GUYS ARE SIGNING WITH?

Have we reached those depths of depravity, now?

That the story behind the story behind the 98.6% writing about this story who aren't professionally sourced or getting paid to do this for a living, is somehow more significant and symbolizes the times we live in, in terms of sports consumption/sports news....?

BRING BACK A SIMPLER ERA, LIKE "THE NATURAL," WHEN BATS HAD NICKNAMES AND EACH TEAM HAD ONE REPORTER COVERING IT FOR THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER...and one radio announcer.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Reminiscent of the write-in vote for Scotty Pods to get elected as the last player to the All-Star team (back when he was married to Lisa D.)

Also hoping Manny doesn't start (emulating Podsednik and) taking those little pitter-patter steps...like he's a ballerina skating across the frozen tundra of a Chicago April deep freeze.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres